Even if you grew tentacles

(Emily's pov) 

The first thing I registered was pain.A whole lot of it.It felt as if my neck and shoulder were burning with acid.I let out a little whimper and I heard a chair scrap back.

"She's awake!She's awake!"a voice called out and with a great effort I managed to open my eyes.The room was so bright that I had to blink a couple of times before I could see properly.Remus stood in front of my bed,a grin stretched across his face.I didn't know who he was calling out to because whoever it was had left.

"You had me so worried Emily.Merlin,I'm so happy that you've okay"he said,reaching down to hug me and I flinched so he stopped mid-hug.

"What happened?"I asked but then it came back to me.Bill.Greyback.Blood.Lots of it.I moved my head to the side,where one of the mirror were usually placed for patients but none were there.I took that as a bad sign.

"Remus,am I a...a werewolf?"I asked uncertainly.Remus sat back down and placed my hand in between the two of his.

"No.You won't change but...the scars won't heal and if they do it will only heal a bit so don't get excited.You will also have...urges to eat meat and lots of it.Mostly raw"Remus said.I normally would have went 'ew' at the idea of raw meat but it did sound quite appealing.

"Is everyone else okay?Cece?Viola?Bill?"I asked quickly.I looked over to the other bed but the curtains were drawn so I couldn't see.

"Cece and Viola were unharmed.Bill is...stable.He probably would have died if it wasn't for you"Remus said.He was hiding something from me.Who does that remind me of?Oh wait everyone!I frowned.I know I'm not dead or anything but you'd think Sev would show up.

"Where's Sev?"I asked,trying to kept the hurt out if my voice.Of course I could have just put it down to the fact that I was werewolf-chow.

"Emily"Remus said,squeezing my hand gently and I knew something was wrong.

"He didn't?"I couldn't get the word out. Remus shook his head and I let out a sigh of relief.He was alive.

"Dumbledore's dead"Remus said and I stared at him,dumbfounded.Dumbledore was dead.I always thought he was invincible or something."Severus killed him"

It felt as if I couldn't breathe.I gulped back the lump in my throat and I shook my head.Sev changed.He wasn't like that anymore.He would never kill Dumbledore.

"I'm so sorry Emily"he said and I swiped his hand away.He was lying!He had to be!But deep down I knew that he wasn't.I couldn't keep defending Sev forever.

"Remus?"I asked,my voice so quiet that I'm surprised he heard.

"Yes?"he replied I tugged at the edge of the Hospital robes,just your normal thin white piece of paper.I didn't dare look at my arm,where I knew there would be a scar.I didn't dare look at my stomach.I couldn't do it.

"How bad is it?"I asked and he looked straight at my face and I could see that he wanted to lie to me,to tell me that the scarring wasn't bad and that he was lying about Dumbledore and Sev,that they were having a party for me downstairs but that wasn't the truth.Instead he handed me the mirror that was supposed to be on my bedside table.

I should have expected the scars on my face but I couldn't help gasping when I saw my reflection.A bandage lay like a turban over my dark hair.Three claw marks ran down from my temple to my chin diagonally.They were thin but the colour stood out against my skin,like someone got a red marker and decided to draw lines on my face.It felt like I was experiencing it all over again,his nails digging into my skin,deeper and deeper.

"Emily?"Remus asked warily and I put the mirror down but the scars still shone before my eyes.

"Is Bill like that?"I asked,remembering his young freckled face.He was quite attractive, not that I'd tell George that...ever.