Quidditch Trials

(Emily's pov) 

If I thought fifth year was hard I was wrong.I spent my free periods catching up on the growing pile of homework while classes had become increasingly harder.We had to use non-verbal spells in Charms and Transfiguration as well and considering most people couldn't even perform the most simple spells with it,it is rather difficult.Not to mention I had to make more love potions for the shop in my little spare time.I never want to grow up and get a full time job.

On Saturday morning I sat at breakfast before Quidditch trials. Harry approached me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Can you help me with the trials?So many people signed up."He asked.

"What's in it for me?"I joked but he thought I was serious and he paled before opening his mouth and closed it.

"I'm joking Harry"I said,laughing and he nodded before walking away.The owls swept in and Reggie landed in front of me and I gave him a piece of toast before he flew off with the other owls.It was from Remus.He had been getting more anxious by the day and I would receive a letter at least every three days.I rolled my eyes before taking out a piece of parchment from my bag.

"Remus, 

Please stop worrying.I'm safe at Hogwarts and I can protect myself anyway.No need to worry.I'm not a child anymore I know what I can and cannot do.STOP WORRYING! 

Your amazingly amazing goddaughter, 

Emily"

"I'm going to the owlery.I'll take that if you want"Cece said and I smiled gratefully at her.

"Thanks and I have two new potions under my bed for Fred and George"I said and she rolled her eyes before nodding.

"Neville is sending a letter to Hannah.He's worried.You know after her mother..."Cece trailed off but I knew what she meant.On Friday Hannah Abbott had been taken out of Herbology to be told her mother was dead.

"That's nice of him.I'm sure she'll appreciate it"I said in a monotonous voice and she nodded.

"You should leave"she said and I walked down to the pitch with Ginny.

When Harry said that a lot of people signed up he was lying,probably half of the house had shown up.

Harry got people into groups of ten and I smirked as he asked me to fly. 

It was easy and most of the group managed it.

"Okay Emily,can you do the trials for the beaters while I do the Chasers" Harry told me and I stood in front of the group of twenty.

"I'm Emily and Harry asked me to pick another beater"I said awkwardly as everyone stared at me.

"Why don't you have to do a trial?"a short boy asked and I picked up the bat and hit the bludger straight at him and he flew back a couple of metres.

"That's why.Now may someone bring him to the Hospital Wing?"I asked,my voice sugary sweet.I like to call it my Umbridge voice.Another boy picked him up and they scuttled off the pitch.

"Okay.You all have bats?Good.You have to pass it to each other.Not hitting it hard"I instructed to see if any of them had good aim.lets just say most of them were horrible.

"Okay.Eh,hit your bludger at me"I instructed.Not my smartest idea ever but I had to see how hard they could hit it.It turned out alright as most of them didn't go within a metre of me but one kid hit me in the back of the head with unbelievable force.I guess we found our beater.

"What's your name?"I asked the third year.

"Jimmy Peakes"he squeaked and I smiled at him before nodding.

"Oi Harry!"I called.He was in the middle of finding a keeper but he came over anyway.

"Jimmy Peakes.He has a brilliant hit.Do I have a bump on my head?"I asked and I made my hair disappear so he could see.

"You look weird with no hair but yes you do have a bump around the size of an egg"Harry said and I inwardly groaned.

"Find any Chasers?"I asked and he nodded over to the stands to Katie Bell,Ginny and a girl I recognised as Demelza Robins.

I lay down where I was standing.Thw stands seemed dauntingly far away.I watched as Ron saved shot after shot.I guess we have our team.I slowly get up and I hear McLaggen's raised voice.

"Rubbish,"I heard Harry say coldly. "That was the one he nearly missed."

"Give me another go."McLaggen said,stepping closer to Harry.

"I think its your time to leave"I said cooly and his head snapped around so quickly it blurred.For a moment I thought he was going to punch me but he just clenched his fists and stormed off the pitch.

"Thanks Emily"Harry said and I shrugged.

"No problem"I replied and we all had a team huddle kind of thing.We agreed on training on Thursday and then I made my way back up to the castle.

"Ah Emily and Cecilia!Just the girls I was looking for!"Slughorn exclaimed as we sat at the Gryffindor table at dinner.

"What do you say to a spot of supper tonight in my rooms instead? We're having a little party, just a few rising stars, I've got McLaggen coming and Zabini, the charming Melinda Bobbin--I don't know whether you know her? Her family owns a large chain of apothecaries--and Miss Granger too"He spoke so fast that it took me a minute to process everything.I tried to think of an excuse but I couldn't find any.

"That would be great sir"Cece spoke before I did and he grinned before looking around.He frowned after a moment of looking at the Slytherin table.

"And where is Miss Walters?"he asked and I frowned when I didn't see her.

"She's probably just late"I said, thinking of the dates on my lunar calendar but it isn't a full moon for days.He hopped off and we returned to the common room to get a couple of moments peace before we have to go to Slughorn's supper.

"You have to go Emily"Cece said as I sat with my arms crossed on the couch.I sighed before I got up but before I reached the portrait hole it opened and in came a frazzled Viola.

"Emily!I have to talk to you!"she exclaimed.

"You can follow me"Cece said before walking off.

"What's wrong?"I asked her as Viola paced the room.

"I did something very stupid Emily. Extremely stupid"she said and I looked at her confused.

"What did you do?"I asked but she continued to pace before she looked me in the eye and said dead seriously.

"I kissed Draco" 

---------------------------------------------A/N Ooh Someone kissed Draco. Thank you to 'stonestar23400' and  

'LorindaB' for fanning.