Chapter 8. Texas part 2

June 22nd 9:28

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On now was a guy that was trying to rap Lil Wayne and it wasn't working.

"Well wasn't that something. Okay now up next we have the beautiful Paige Cooper!" Then I was stunned on stage walked a girl maybe sixteen, long strawberry blonde hair down her back, pretty smile, and just beyond gorgeous. I slumped and I knew Sam felt it.

"She's got nothing on you." I blushed and he kissed just below my chin. My eyes drifted back to the girl and almost died, she was singing 'Stay by Rhianna'. Her voice was perfect way better than mine, she had won already hands down.

I sat there in my own dread when she finished my self confidence was gone, vanished, deteriorated, just no where to be found.

"Well well well that's gonna be a tough act to follow woo! Okay now it's time for two cute looking kids I think in love, please welcome Phoebe and Sam." Everybody clapped and Sam dragged me on stage.

"Sam please no she was too hard to beat."

"We can do it Phoebe." I took a deep breath as we got on stage, there were two chairs in front of mics and I took one as Sam nodded so they could begin played the music. Since Cher started right when the song did I didn't have enough time to take another breather.

Sam smiled at me right before he went and started Mike Poser's part.

Thanking God that he was looking directly at me giving me self-confidence as the song was about to end with me singing the rest.

When we finished I smiled at Sam and he smiled back winking, the crowd erupted in clapping but louder than the other girl, "Well folks that was wonderful I feel bad for the other acts to follow this."

We climbed off the stage as she called the last act, "Now for the last act adorable munchkins from Cornwall way ladies and gentlemen Rachael, Arianna, Carter, and Alley." As she said their names the girls walked up, they looked around ten but were cute and the outfits all matched plaid just in different colors.

"Hi everybody." The smallest one said.

"Hi."

"I'm Alley and call me maybe..." Just as she said it the song began and they all started singing Call Me Maybe. It was really cute and they could sing I'll give you .

"So call me maybe!!" They shouted and the boy Carter stood next to me and Sam, grabbed my hand and wrote a number. He mouthed out, Call me, making me stifle a laugh.

"Sorry pal she's all mine." Sam said making me and Ana laugh; the four went back to their families and the crowd began to settle down.

"Wow folks this is going to be hard for the judges, we'll go make the votes and come back to yah. But enjoy the festival." She walked off stage and left with the judges, Sam tickled my side where I was exposed.

"Stop that tickles."

"What do you wanna do while we wait?" His eyes looked at me so adorably.

"Maybe this." I kissed him and he wrapped his arms around me, man I loved kissing him.

"So Phoebe you don't sing very well but Sam does you kinda drowned him out." I pulled away to see Carla smiling at me.

"I think she did fine." Sam remarked.

"You're supposed to say that you're her boyfriend."

"I'm serious."

"Of course you are."