Chapter 19. Never let Ana handle the liquor

July 21st 3:26AM

~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was going so fast it was confusing yet didn't faze me. One minute I was crawling over to Carla's limp fragile form as Angel rushed over, the next the ambulance lights flashed in my face blinding me as I watched them load Carla onto it. My tears blurred most of the scene but I still watched, Ana soon stumbled over to me with Sam right next to her. Sasha was still leaning against Dominic for support I could tell she was just as drunk as me and Ana were.

"Phoebe come on." Sam urged me but I didn't budge, he wrapped his arms around my knees and my shoulders and lifted me off the ground. We all walked back to the car quickly rushing so we could get to the hospital they were taking Carla to. Angel had gone in the ambulance so Sam had to drive since he was the only one sober, since he wasn't much of a drinker he was always the designated driver. He sat me in the passenger's seat and pushed it way back so I could lay down, everyone else piled in the back and Sasha directed Sam to the hospital the best she could even through her stutter and drunkenness. The ride was short my head was pounding the whole way but we made it there finally, all of us climbed out and walked in to the lobby.

"Guys." We all turned to see Angel jump up from his seat as we got near him, Sam took one arm off me and opened it for Angel. Not hesitating he rushed in wrapping his arms around me and Sam, I instantly hugged him back as the tears creeped back in.

"Angel don't worry she'll be okay." Sam whispered and the others joined the group, Angel didn't say anything he just sniffled and gripped us harder. Once we all pulled away the nurses told us to have a seat but we pretty much just dropped in a corner, my head resting on Sam's lap, Sasha laying on my stomach, Ana sitting cuddled on Dominic, and Angel with his head still on Sam's shoulder.

"Ana?" I whispered.

"Yeah Pheebs?"

"What happened, how did Carla get to me before the car hit?" I asked and she didn't answer all I heard was her sigh heavily and Sam shift under my head.

He spoke first, "Phoebe she ran after you and she saw the car before you did, so she jumped after you pushing you out of the way."

"But why..." I whispered to myself, no one said anything so we all just laid there for hours. Maybe even minutes I couldn't tell, but a doctor finally came out and called Carla's name.

Angel jumped up, "That's me! Please how is she?"

"Well we've stabilized her and she'll be just fine." The doctor smiled and Angel dropped to the ground, we all jumped up and looked at him. He was smiling and had his hands covering his face as he laughed.

"Guys she's going to be okay." He whispered happily.

"But she's sleeping right now we've put her on sedation and with the impact of the hit she'll need to stay under careful watch" we all paused, "this isn't a bad thing we just want to make sure she'll be okay to leave."

"How long will she have to stay here?" I asked.

"Well by the looks of things I'll say four to five days." He stated.

Ana shook her head, "No doctor we have to leave we have to be in Georgia in three days."

"Ana!!" I hissed, "We have to think about Carla, forget about the stupid road trip!"

"Phoebe!!" Sasha and Sam shouted at me shocked at what I had said.

"It's true the road trip is nothing compared to what happened to Carla we have to be here for her and that's..." Angel cut me off.

"No Phoebe you guys need to keep going on with the trip, I don't care how much you argue." He said, I hadn't noticed until now the doctor had left.