Chapter 17. The Break of an Eight Year Old Heart

July 18th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've been at Erica's house for three days now including the first day we met her, it's been nice. Ana and Drake are actually getting along, Jazz never leaves my side, and me and Erica were really getting close. She was really amazing, she told me all the crazy stories about nights her and Lola would do something crazy or get into trouble. I listened so intently to every story letting it all sink in and remembering every detail as if my life depended on it.

Sam kept pestering me to tell Erica but I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

"Phoebe?"

With a startle I looked up to see Ana looking at me worried, "Huh."

"I said Sam called he'll be back soon. Are you okay?" My eyes were on her the whole time but I couldn't help but not focus on what she was saying, I did try but my mind didn't allow me. I say cross legged on the bed in the room Erica had given me but my whole being was somewhere else.

"Phoebe?"

Nothing.

"Phoebe are you okay?" I rolled my eyes over to her and that slight movement caused a pain to shoot up through my body and to my head. I flinched and dropped back on the bed causing me and Ana both to grasp, "Oh my god Phoebe."

She rushed to the door and slammed it shut before coming back to my side, "Ana it....."

"Shh it's okay just breathe." She whispered as she tried to calm me, the trembling started then there was a knock and the door opened. Ana jumped up and they stepped in.

"Ana are you guys in..." Sam stopped his sentence the minute he saw me on the bed, he slammed the door and rushed to my side just as Ana did. He gripped my head in his hands trying his best not trembled along with me, but he tried to stay calm.

"Phoebe listen to me I need you to calm down okay" I tried my best to nod but just couldn't, "can you move?"

"No..." The groan escaped my lips before I could even notice and Sam jumped back scared and glanced at Ana.

"What do we do?" Ana asked looking at me as if she would throw up, my head started to hurt more and the pain increased. It was an intense pain, one no one would ever want to experience. But I had no choice to have this pain. My body felt numb as I just shook, my body flailing, I wasn't having a seizure just an extreme fit of pain. I gripped my shirt, my knuckles turning white and clenched my jaw tightly. My eyes were shut and I didn't even try to bother opening them, my head was then lifted off the pillow and I opened my eyes to see Sam's bright hazel ones.

"Phoebe look at me, come on Phoebe keep your eyes open." He said quickly but I felt lighter like the pain was going away and I was getting tired. Slowly my eyes drifted shut and Ana squealed.

"Sam her eyes they're closing!" She shouted in a whisper, but she sounded to far away for me to care, "Phoebe!"

Sam's hands gripped my face shaking me and trying to keep my eyes open, but it was too late I was gone.

***

My body ached and my jaw hurt from the tight clench it was in. My back was sore and leaning against something really hard and cold, I could hear mumbling but it wasn't clear. Straining to hear what they were saying didn't help. All it did was make my head hurt more, soon my mind finally came back to me. My knees were pulled up to my chest yet I still couldn't move them, I wanted to groan but my throat was sore and dry. I could hear the voices and running water, the voices came clear .

"We have to do it now, before Erica notices." Was that Ana?

"I'm not sure about this what if she doesn't wake up?" That was Sam.