Prologue

Alice walked into her mothers room, the smell of medicine and chemicals filled her nose. "Mother..." She said, standing next to her mothers bed. Her mother, Queen Eleanor II, laid in bed, pale and weak. "Please... I need you..." Alice said, tears fell onto the sheets. Her mother lifted her arm weakly, stroking Alice's cheeks. "Alice... I am sorry. You don't have to marry him. Please. You still haven't found your mate..." Alice put her hand against her mothers, feeling how cold it was. "If it means that you will live, then I'll do anything for you mother."

Loud knocks came from the door, along with a voice that had startled Alice. "Your Highness? King Edward has arrived. It's time to leave." Alice took one last glance at her mother, then closed her eyes. "Not yet." The sound of yelling and footsteps came from outside the door, then two loud bangs. "Princess! We are leaving now. We will force you to if we have to," another voice said. "Do not speak to the princess that way!"

She heard a loud THUD afterwards, then two knights barged in. Both were in silver armor and held weapons. They grabbed Alice by her arms, then dragged her out. "Mother! No!" Alice cried out, being dragged out of the room. Her mother just wheezed and coughed, until Alice was brought out into the hallways.

An handsome man dressed in fancy clothing stood in the entrance of the castle, tapping his foot. "Your highness, the princess is here." He turned around, smiling. He scanned Alice from head to toe, slowly walking to her nodded. "Beautiful. Simply divine." He put his hand under her chin, bringing her eyes to his. "You are mine now." Alice just stared at him blankly. "You will heal my mother, won't you?" He brought his face closer, until Alice could smell his horrible breath.

"We will speak of this after our wedding, my love." Alice just glared at him. "That wasn't part of the deal!" She spat. He turned around, putting his hands behind him. "The deal was that I treat her after our marriage." Alice tugged at the guards that held her. "That wasn't what I wanted! She could die before that!" He turned around, smirking. "Then after she dies, I can do what ever. I. Want. To. You."

Alice just looked at him, then as he walked to her, stopping in front of her, she spat on his boots. He stepped away in disgust. "Remember little pup. You are mine now, you will become MY mate, and no one else's. Got it?" His eyes turn golden in anger, and his breathing became ragged. "Calm down your highness. We will... Take care of her behavior. " His eyes and breathing returned to normal.

"Good. Once we reach the castle, dump her in the dungeon until you... Fix her. That is all," he said, then he walked off. The guards pushed her forward violently, getting her to walk after him. "What do you mean fix me?" They just kept silent. Alice just cursed under her breath, they went into the carriage they had prepared for her.

Once they reached the castle, she was thrown into a dungeon cell. Waiting for what seemed like days, getting fed very little food and water, she started carving broken hearts into the wall. Tears fell onto the floor as she thought of her mother. She could be dead...

Finally, a guard walking in front of the cell, unlocking the door and opening it. "M'lady, I request you follow me." Alice, weak from hunger, struggled to stand up, stumbling towards the guard and following him to a room down an empty hallway.

"Where are we going?" She whispered, hearing it echo through out the walls. The guard stayed silent, opening the door to the room then pushed her into the room, slamming the door shut. "Wait!" Alice cried out, looking around the room. She saw torture tools, whips, a stretching bed, small knifes and liquids she did not recognize.

The smell of urine and blood suddenly hit her, she covered her nose from the stench, huddling into a ball. Then she heard footsteps out the door, hope rose in her heart, until she saw Edward and a man in a mask enter.

"Do what you must to make her love, listen, and be with me and only me. Teach her to never stray away from me. That is all," Edward said, glaring down onto the pathetic princess that huddled helplessly in front of him. The man nodded, tying Alice up to the bed and looked for tools.

Edward took one last look at her then walked out of the room. He heard the sounds of her pleading for mercy, until screams pierced the hallway, the sound of pain and horror rung in his ear, but he did not once flinch.

"I won't lose her. Not like Annabeth."