Chapter 3- Bruises

Elyssa walked over to the kitchen, following the scent of food and herbs. She had been ordered to get dinner for the queen, for she had wished to eat in her room instead of at the dinner table. When she reached the kitchen, she looked around until she met the head chief.

He smiled, walking over. "Welcome back Elyssa. Here to take the queens dinner?" Elyssa nodded. He turned around, walking towards a window where a metal tray laid. "Having you here for the last month has been quite the help. Thank you." Elyssa just smiled back, taking the tray.

She thought about the last month, which she had spent as Alice's servant. It killed her almost every time she saw Alice with Edward, either if it was just sitting in the throne or having them close together. She could see the pain in Alice's eye too, fear flickered in them anytime she was with Edward. Sometimes, she would even end up with scratches and bruises.

As Elyssa reached Alice's room, she could hear soft sobbing. Quietly, she opened the door, to see Alice sitting beside her bed, face in her arms, crying. Her heart shattered as she could see the tear stains on the bed. Quickly, she set the tray down onto a desk and walked over to Alice, sitting on the bed beside her.

Alice could feel warmth, and the scent of bread and steam. Elyssa. She could feel her arms wrap around her, bring her close. "Don't cry," She whispered sincerely, hugging her tight. Alice returned the hug, putting her face on Elyssa's shoulders. "It hurts. He hurt me more then normal..." She said softly, tears still flooding out. Elyssa stroked her hair, closing her eyes. "It's ok now. I'm here Alice. Your friend is here."

Alice shifted her face, having a small smile. "Thank you." "It's ok. Why did he hurt you more then normal?" She asked softly. Alice moved back, removing her head from Elyssa's shoulders. "He... He noticed I spend more time with you..." Elyssa looked at her shocked. "You are getting hurt.... Because of me?" She looked into Alice's eyes, her eyes filled with anger and sadness. "If I had known..."

"What would you do? You can't leave me. Not now..." Alice said softly, her eyes started to water. Elyssa's eyes lit up. "I won't ever leave you, your highness." She said with a smile. Alice let out a small laugh, then smiled. "I know you won't."

Later that evening, Alice had invited Elyssa for a stroll in the royal garden. The moon was almost full, the garden lit with moonlight and shimmered with dew. Beautiful flowers each a unique color and shape, grew all around. "Why do you stay here?" Elyssa asked, following the queen who was leading her somewhere. "I have to. For the kingdom." She could tell Alice was lying.

Elyssa frowned. "There's a different reason." Alice stopped, sighing then turned to her. She walked closer, until they were inches apart, then lowered her head. "I'm afraid Edward would kill me if I do." She whispered. Elyssa put her hand on Alice's chin, lifting up her face to meet her gaze. "I'll keep him from killing you. I promise." Alice smiled, grabbed Elyssa's arm, then walked forward quickly.

"I want to show you something. You'll love it." Alice led her around the garden, which seemed like a maze. They kept walking until they reached a square like area with tall bushes blocking the view back to the castle and all around them. Inside the square was a fountain that reflected the moonlight, creating shimmers and sparkles that seemed like stars falling back into the water. "Come on," Alice said with a smile, taking her to sit down on the fountain.

Elyssa looked around in amazement. "What is this place?" "My getaway spot." Elyssa smiled, sitting down with Alice. "It's beautiful right?" Alice said, looking up at the stars. Elyssa couldn't stop staring at Alice, how the stars all fit into her eyes, like a nebula. Her face was beautiful in the moonlight, and the way her hair waved, she couldn't think about anything else in the world.

"That's not the only thing that's beautiful," Elyssa thought. Alice looked at her, smiling. Shit, did I say that out loud? "Hm. Of course it's not, the other thing that's beautiful is sitting right next to me," She said. Elyssa felt her face burn. Alice looked back at the sky, closing her eyes. "Oh I wish I can get away." Elyssa smiled, grabbing Alice's hands. "I'll take you away from here. Far away." Alice looked at her surprised, then blushed. "I'll take you anywhere you want, anytime you want." She conintued.

"I'll keep you safe. I'll make sure you'll never feel the pain of being with Edward ever again. I promise you. I'll always be there." Elyssa leaned in closer. "I'll never leave your side," She whispered. Alice leaned in too. "I won't ever leave your side as well."

Elyssa put Alice's hand down, but kept it on top her hers, using her other hand to stroke Alice's cheek. "I'll be a better mate then him." Elyssa whispered. Alice almost melted at Elyssa's touch. She yearned for it, to have Elyssa there next to her forever.

Alice could feel her wolf go wild, whining and whimpering to mark Elyssa, to make her her own. Instead, she kept still, looking into those curious eyes of hers. Elyssa could feel her wolf go wild too. Wanting to hold Alice and stay with her forever, as mates and nothing less.

"He was never my mate to begin with..." She whispered, leaning in closer until they were inches apart. Elyssa put her lips on Alice's, moving in sync as if they were made for one another. Well, they were. She felt the world around her disappear, just her and Alice.

The kiss turned passionate, Elyssa pushed forward, feeling herself drown in Alice's scent. She loved it. Elyssa felt her wolf about to take control, so she broke apart, panting for air. Alice looked at her playfully. "You know, you are better then Edward." Elyssa smirked. "That's because he wasn't made for you. I was."

Alice just placed her head on Elyssa's shoulders, closing her eyes. "If only we can escape. I would give up my role as queen to be your queen." Elyssa out her head on top of Alice's, putting her arm around her. "I promise one day. I will take you away from this place. Where it will be only you and me."

The next morning, Alice woke up to soft shaking. "Alice, wake up. His highness has asked you to come to breakfast." Alice sat up, groaning. "Fine. Let me change first." She mumbled, getting up and walking to her closet. She picked out a small purple dress, then started to change. "I um...." Elyssa stuttered as she saw Alice change.

Alice turned around, smirking. "I'm only changing. What? Do you like what you see?" She said with a wink. Elyssa shook her head from embarrassment. "I uh. Yes," She said, smiling. After Alice finished changing, she had Elyssa escort her downstairs to the dining hall. There was a large table with red and yellow cloth, with three plates of food. The king and his son sat at the end, eating quietly. Edward looked up to see Alice, then grinned.

"My dear wife has joined us. Come sit down." He said, pointing to a empty chair next to him. Alice looked at Elyssa nervously, then walked over, sitting down and grabbed a fork. She yipped as Edward leaned over and grabbed her butt. "My my you are fine today my lady." He said with a smirk. Alice shifted her seat, eyeing her food. "Don't touch me." He leaned over, giving her a fake frown.

"Aw baby. Why don't you ever want to 'play' with me?" Alice just stayed silent, eating her food. Edward mumbled something then looked up, seeing Elyssa standing there wait for Alice to finish to escort her to her room. "Shoo with you. She will call you when she is finished. Do something helpful women. Go into the kitchen, where you belong." He said coldly, his glare almost makes you want to jump off a cliff or so. Elyssa bowed politely, then went off to her room.

When Alice finished her food, she stood up to leave, but Edward grabbed her arm. "I smell Elyssa on you." Alice looked at him confused. "She's my servant. Of course you'd smell her on me." He started growling. "You two became close. Why." Alice shook his hand off her arm. "Because she's a friend. If I can't have friends then you can't have... 'Slaves'." She said with a chill down her spine.
Edward looked away, still growling. "Fine. You can stay friends." Alice nodded, then walked off to her room.

"Dad?" Aaron asked, looking up from his plate. "What is it son." Aaron just moved a piece of bread around on his plate. "Alice never found her mate, has she?" "Why are you asking?" Edward growled, feeling anger build up. Aaron looked up at father. "I was just wondering."

Edward felt his anger soothe, sitting back down and finishing his food. "No. She's never found her mate. If she does... I'll kill him." Aaron smirked. "I'll help you.