Chapter 14

A crash echoed the kitchen. "You are so clumsy!" Diane scolded, picking up plates and utensils that scattered the floor. Elyssa looked at the mess and laughed awkwardly. "Sorry, I'm not feeling like myself today," she said, kneeling down and began to pick up the plates. Diane sighed, standing up with her arms full of plates and spoons. "Just stay by and help wash the dishes." Elyssa nodded and made her way to the sink.

"Needed in the kitchen," Elyssa mimicked Edward with a high voice. "Blah blah blah." She pulled up a metal plate from the water, seeing her distorted reflection stare back at her. She looked so much like her father, and had her mother's eyes. A burst of emotions cause her to throw the plate across the room, her heart and mind racing, fueled with anger. Both her parents had been killed by Edward. Both died in which, to protect her.

Elyssa whipped her head back to the sink, staring down at the water. Now a monster had stared back, a monster with sharp fangs and bloodthirsty eyes. "Why am I like this...?" She whispered, calming down. The king could easily kill her. A snap of his fingers can cause her head to roll down the hill, her thirst for his death would get her nowhere without help. Without help...

The Rebellion.

They had just finished up dinner, scraps of food and dirty plates littered the table, and Edward had been finishing his drink from the goblet. "Wonderful dinner," Lillian commented as she dabbed her lips. "Now, may I ask where my room is?" Edward nodded toward the door, where two servants had been standing patiently. "They will show you to the East Wing. If you need anything else, please come and ask me," Edward said with a smile. Aaron rolled his eyes at how fake his father was and helped Lillian up from her chair.

As the Gastoian siblings and Aaron made their way to their rooms, Edward stumbled up and began to leave. When he reached the door, he turned his head slightly and looked down at the floor. "Waiting for something, dear?" Alice glanced up, clearing her throat. "I am waiting for my servant, Elyssa."

"Ah, wasn't she training as a knight?" He said turning around, smiling. "Y-Yes."

"And how is that working for her?"

"She's doing remarkably well."

"Hm. Why are you waiting for her, Alice?"

The queen stared down at the empty table, shifting her hands around in her lap. "I need her to escort me to my room, I don't want to be alone."

Edward lifted his head, then began to walk back to the queen. He placed a hand on her shoulder, which causes chills to run down her spine. "Why don't I escort you to your room? It only seems natural that the king escorts the queen to her room," he said with a grin. Alice gulped, turning her head away from his horrid breath. "I'd rather walk back alone then with you Edward," she said, standing up and shook his hand off her shoulder. "And you are drunk."

Edward gave a slow chuckle, titling his head as Alice walked towards the door. "You seem to be close to this servant of yours." Alice froze on the spot, feeling Edward's eyes on her. "She is my personal servant. Honestly, I don't like how you are always sending her to the kitchen and away from me. Are you somehow jealous of her?" Edward furrowed his eyebrows, a flash of anger flickered in his eyes. "Why would I be jealous of a servant? Besides, there's nothing to be jealous about, now is there?"

The queen stayed silent, her eyes avoiding the king. "Now then, may I escort you to your room?" Alice glanced over at the kitchen, seeing that they were all still working and such. Finally, she stood up, still avoiding the king's gaze. "Fine, I'll go with you to my room, but-" she took her hand away when he tried to hold it, "no touching. I don't trust you when you are drunk." Edward chuckled, motioning his hand to the door. "Fine, lets go Alice."

Alice heisitated, standing up and brushed off her dress. She took a glance at Edward, whose eyes lit with mischief, something common when he is drunk. She hated it. Sighing, Alice made her way to her way through the door and to her room, Edward right behind her. "Why didn't you inform me that Aaron was getting engaged?" She asked, turning a corner. "I didn't think it was important."

She clenched her fist our of frustration, keeping silent. Wasn't important? She may have been Aaron's step mother, but it was something that she would have to know about. Does the kingdom know? Even the servants knew. Well, Diane did.

A blinding light flashed from outsid, accompanied by a low grumbling. Alice winced, quickening her pace to her room. A storm and Edward, what a real combination. Finally, they reached had reached Alice's room. The queen was quick to turn around, grabbing her door and smiled. "Thank you for escorting me, now you may g-" before Alice was able to finish, Edward pushed the door open, knocking Alice back.

"I haven't been in here in a while," he said with a grin, looking around. "Edward please, just leave. I don't want you in here, especially when you are drunk." She said, backing up against her closet. Ignoring her, his eyes roamed the room until he spotted a flower crown on her cabinet. "How pretty," he said, walking up to the crown. Alice lowered her eyes, concentrating on opening the doors and grabbed something off the floor. Stay strong, she'd tell her.

Claim your spot, she said. The past few weeks, she's been taking Elyssa's advice on standing up to Edward.

"What if I get hurt?" The queen asked, watching Elyssa pace the room. She turned around, grinning. "I'll come to the rescue." Alice laughed, covering her mouth with her hand. "Ok, what if you aren't there? What should I do?" The knight in training turned back to pacing, lifting her chin up. "Find a weapon. You are a werewolf too, aren't you?" Alice furrowed her eyebrows and leaned her head against the bed frame. "He's much stronger than I am, you know that."

"Use words. Words will be the first tool you'll use."

"What if words don't work?"

Elyssa paused. "Then luck will be next. You'll make need a whole lot if you want to go against Edward." Alice crossed her arms and smiled. "Luck that you'll know to come rescue me?"

"That, and luck that you'll find a good enough weapon. Here," Elyssa ran into the closet, leaving Alice confused. After a bit of rustling and a THUD, Elyssa emerged holding a metal rod and a silly grin on her face. "I hit my head. You'll use this," she held up the rod. "If he ever comes into your room. I'll hide it next to the door in the closet, then, you'll be able to pull out a weapon in time."

"Where'd you get that?" Alice asked with a smile.

"Where'd you get this?" Edward asked with a slightly stern face, examining the crown. "I-I think it was from a villager. Ron came in and said it was for me, from the town." He furrowed his eyebrows, throwing it back onto the cabinet. "This had been boring, got anything interesting in here?" He said, going back to looking around. "No, and I need you to leave."

Edward chuckled, slowly waking towards Alice. "There is something your hiding, isn't there?" She clutched onto the rod with her hand behind the door. Edward loomed over her, slamming his arm onto the wall beside her. "I can see it in your eyes," he said with a grin. His eyes were dazed, and he was wavering. "There's nothing I'm hiding, you know that."

"Alright. Tell me more about that flower crown of yours. Why would the town give you something like that when most of them don't even know your name?" Elyssa help. She felt his breath on her face, which caused her to close her eyes. "Leave," she repeated. He leaned in closer, causing chills to run down her spine. "Tell me, who really brought you that crown?" Alice could feel her heard racing, her hand shook. She had it, the rod, why can't she get him? One whack was all it took. Just do it, Alice. Slowly, she lifted the rod, looking up to meet Edward's cold eyes. One hit.