Chapter 10

The door creaked open, Alice poking her head through. "Whatcha doing?" She said with a grin. Elyssa jumped, grabbing her shirt and covered the front of her body. "Uh... Showering?"

Alice laughed, walking up to Elyssa smiling. "You have a beautiful body, my dear," Alice said, glancing at her up and down, admiring those lovely curves. Elyssa turned around and looked at the mirror, sadness reflecting off her eyes. "No, I don't. A beautiful body shouldn't have scars," She said, dropping the shirt. Alice felt a stab in her heart as she saw the scars, everywhere on her body. Unknowing what to do, she hugged Elyssa from behind, wrapping her arm around her waist.

"Those are just strokes on a painting," She said, putting her face in the crook of Elyssa's neck. The knight-in-training just sighed, gazing up to meet her own eyes in the mirror. "They'll never go away," She whispered, both to herself and Alice. The queen lifted her head, meeting Elyssa's gaze in the mirror. "Elyssa..."

Elyssa shook her head, walking away. She dug her hand into her hair, remembering fights long before the castle. Long before Alice. Fights she fought alongside her father. Her pack. Tears streamed down her face, dripping onto the cold tile floor. Alice felt a stab of pain for every tear that splashed onto the floor. Elyssa just chuckled, wiping away the tears.

"I'm sorry, it must be silly to see me cry like this," she said, smiling weakly. Alice furrowed her eyebrows, walking up to Elyssa and wiped away a tear from her cheek. "It's not silly. You can't bottle this up forever," she whispered. Elyssa turned away, looking at the floor. "It is silly, I'm weak. These scars are just memories from fights I often fought. Most of them were my fault." Alice placed a figure on her lips, silencing her.

"You aren't weak, love. Crying doesn't is not a weakness, it just shows that... Some people are strong for too long." Elyssa looked back up, meeting the queen's gentle eyes. "And those scars, just prove how strong you are," she said, moving Elyssa back against the wall. The queen took another look into the knight's eyes, then leaned in to kiss her.

The knight was a little surprised at first, but then felt her emotions melt away. She cupped Alice's face with one hand, feeling the queen's soft skin. Alice's hand moved from the wall to dig into Elyssa's dark brown hair. Alice stepped forward, eliminating any space that was between them. Elyssa moaned, feeling her hunger for Alice grow. She wanted her.

They finally broke apart. Alice looked down, letting her finger slide down Elyssa's stomach, feeling the bumps and cuts that scared her. She looked back up, taking a few steps back. "I'll uh... Let you get back to showering now," She said, turning around and walking away.

Her heart was racing, her stomach churned and her face burned. She kissed her. She felt her wolf whining for more, but her mind was going against it. She looked at the mirror, the sound of her heart pounding deafened her ears. She sighed, unwrapping the cloth around her chest and went into the shower.

Alice dropped down onto her bed, her hands buried in her face. "I'm so stupid," she muttered, feeling the warmth of her face. "She probably didn't even want me to see her like that." Alice rolled onto her back, staring up at the ceiling. The same old plain ceiling she has looked up at for endless nights. Nights when she was crying, nights when she had been in pain. Those nights ended once Elyssa came to the castle. The pain in her heart grew more and more everyday Elyssa was here, knowing that she couldn't show any public affection towards her without the king questioning her.

A light knock came from the bathroom door. "Alice? Are you still here?" Elyssa's voice rang. The queen sat back up, putting her hands neatly in her lap. "I'm here, love." She saw Elyssa standing in the doorway, a towel laid on her shoulder and a grin formed on her face. "I thought I had scared you away." The queen returned a smile. "Why would you?"

Elyssa shook her head, removing the towel off her shoulders and placed it on a rack, then sat on the bed next to Alice. "Let me comb your hair, it's a mess," Alice said, running her fingers through Elyssa's hair until it was stopped at a tangle. Elyssa laughed, turning around so her back faced Alice. "Do whatever you want, your majesty." Alice smiled, grabbing a comb off her desk next to the bed and began to brush.

They spent the rest of the evening talking, Alice ended up braiding dark silky hair into a nice braid. "You look beautiful," Alice complemented as they went up to the mirror. Elyssa just smiled, having her eyes meet Alice's through the reflection. "You seem pretty good at braiding." Alice smiled back, shrugging her shoulders. "It's something every princess have learnt." Alice stepped away, then took out a nightgown from her cabinet. "Come, let's get ready for bed."

Elyssa sighed, turning away from the mirror and sat on the bed. "As you wish, your majesty."

A/N
Sorry for the really late update and the short chapter, I don't really know what to do with them as of right now. I'll keep my mind on this story for now, hopefully updating sooner then I did now.