Chapter 5- Feast

As all the men around drank, laughed, and fought, Alice stayed silent, eating her food quietly. Edward leaned over. "Come on Hun, have fun. It's for you." The queen looked at him with confused eyes. "F-for me?" Edward grinned. "Of course. It is your birthday." Alice turned back to her plate, moving some carrots around. "Why? You've never done this." Edward just shot a glare at Elyssa then turned back to the Alice, who was not even touching her food. "For reasons. Now, if you would be kind, I would like you to sit here." He said, standing up and moving his chair back.

As Alice stood up, Elyssa stopped her. "Why do you want her to sit there? Is it not fine if she sits where she is now?" She said with a stern face. Edward grinned, crossing his arms. "Why aren't you a little knight? I only wanted her to sit here because the cake will be here soon and I want her to be the center of attention." Elyssa hesitated, then backed up, letting Alice change seats and settle down.

Edward picked his cup up and tapped it on the side with his spoon. "Attention! The cake will now come out for my beautiful young wife Alice!" The dining hall started roaring with cheer. "Cook! Bring in the cake!"

The servants stood in some sort of line, all bowing down as the head chief rolled out a cart with a large beautifully decorated cake. Elyssa stared at it, studying it's scent. It's not poisonous. The cake rolled down to Alice, whose eyes lit up as they placed the cake in front of her.

Elyssa could scent fear somewhere, which was not a good sign. She scanned the room, everyone's face was either drunken, happy, or bored. Until she reached an big man with a big bushy beard who was sweating. He kept looking around nervously, which made Elyssa suspicious. Why so nervous?

Then, she could scent more people, the scent of wood and metal lingered in the air, making her know they have camped somewhere. Who are they? Are they here to harm the queen? She looked at Alice, who was happily cutting cake and spreading it around to the other people. The scent of wood and metal became stronger and stronger as she heard footsteps.

She could feel herself turn into a wolf out of protection for her mate, but tried to keep it half way to sharpen her senses. The scent became stronger as she could feel the stares of people around her. Then she heard whispering. "We go in 10, 9, 8..." They kept counting down, and as they reached 1, Elyssa jumped in front of Alice, her arms out.

Waves of men filled the dining hall. There were people who used bows and swords, shooting at the table and fighting the men who were in the room. Soldiers swarmed into the room from the sound of chaos, fighting the invaders who were there.

Elyssa leaned into Alice's ear, looking around. "I'll take you to the main hall. From there, run to your room as fast as you can, then lock your door. I'll get some guards for you." Alice looked at her with worried eyes. "But... Will you come?" Elyssa stood up, grabbing a sword that was knocked out of someone's hand that fell onto the floor. "I promise. Now go!" Elyssa put all her strength to the sword, swing at men who she recognized as the men who has invaded.

Alice stayed close behind her, watching the fight go on around her as if she was invisible. They reached the door, Alice squeezed through the crack and ran. Elyssa closed the door as Alice ran, men surrounded her. "Come on." She said smirking.

A large man howled, running at her with his sword swinging. She had managed to dodge it, but got a large cut on her right arm, which stung. With her strength, she swung her sword at him, clashing with his armor. He got knocked back, glaring at her. He howled once more, charging at her with all his strength. His hands were on his sword which was held above him, leaving his stomach open.

Elyssa waited til he got closer, then ducked down, dodging the swing and piercing her sword through his stomach, shoving him backwards until he fell onto the ground. She pulled the sword out of the limb body, looking around at the men who had surrounded her before. At the looks of them, it had seemed that she had killed their strongest man. Slowly, they stepped away, then bursted into a run.

Elyssa took a look at the scratch the behemoth had put on her good arm, blood oozing out of it and it stung, less then the one Aaron had created but it was still bad. It was deep.

She saw Edward cornered by three large men, who were closing in on him. The king has some sort of scare in his eyes, trembling with his sword held in a bed stance. Does he not know how to fight? Once one of the men charged at him, he stumbled away, dodging it horribly. Aaron ran to his fathers side, along with three other soldiers, and fought of the men. Edward then stood up, his trembling stopped and his eyes glowed of victory.

Aaron leaned in and whispered something, but Elyssa was interrupted by someone slamming into her. Luckily, the broken leg had healed, but it was still weak for another two months. She stumbled onto the floor, her sword held in front of her for defense. "Hello little girl. I kill you, yes?" A man said with a unfamiliar accent.

"You won't ever kill me. Not if I can help it." Elyssa growled, glaring into his amber eyes. The man chuckled, swung his sword and pointed it at her. "I am leader of the Thieves. I find most powerful thieves and criminals and train them yes. Man here ask to have us attack here. Offered us much gold that we take from here." Elyssa looked at him for a while longer, while the man thought she was looking at him with fear, Elyssa had been studying him.

He had bandage wrapped around the arm that wasn't holding his sword, and was left limb on the side. It's probably broken. She could smell faint herbs and oils used to treat him, then found out what she had to do.

Quickly, she jumped up, hitting his sword with hers and made him jump back. They kept fighting, sword hitting sword, until Elyssa shifted her arm to have her sword cut into his arm. He turned slightly, moving his broken arm behind him and his bloody hand in front. "Good good. You are good opponent little girl."

Elyssa scoffed, standing back. "I can beat thieves." The man lifted his head, then charge back at her, putting all his strength in each blow. It had knocked her back further and further until she reached a wall. His eyes glowed with something, raising his sword and landing it above Elyssa, which she had blocked.

He began swinging the sword from above, making her sink lower onto the floor. His eyes were dancing around, lit with amusement. He lifted up his sword, and all time seemed like it was in slow motion. The crashed down upon Elyssa, only to be blocked, by another sword.