Chapter 16: The Spot

A/N: First, thank you all so so much for 9.1K views!! I never thought this story would get far and it all means so much to me. Secondly, I know. I know. I already know that all of you are gonna scream at me "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Just hear me out. I started writing this as a Freshmen in high school. I had a lot of time then, but too many ideas that I didn't know where to go with the story. Sophomore year came, still good timing, losing some ideas. I am a Junior now. I have loads and loads of ideas, but VERY LITTLE TIME NOW!! I am very sorry to those of you I've kept waiting for MONTHS now, and if you're waiting on I'm A What?!, I promise(if I had a nickel for the number of times I'd said that), PROMISE, I will update before December 31st, so please do not Spam me with requests for updates. That will hopefully be enough time for me to update, and if I don't, then you may spam me. Now enough of my yapping. Here's what you've been waiting for............. chapter 16!!!

Chapter 16: The Spot

*Nobody's POV*

Bella continued walking down the block until she reached 54th Lane, where she made a left and headed into the nearby park. At the gate, during the daytime, it was always difficult to see the button that unlocked the code pad. The only ways to find it were either by accidentally leaning on it, or by seeing how the nearby lampost specifically was aligned to it's location. Bella was familiar with the latter option.

She pushed the button and a small panel in the gate's frame slid open, revealing an iPhone 5 with the passcode screen showing. After checking to make sure nobody was watching her, Bella entered the code into the phone.

Almost as if from a movie, the panel shut closed while the concrete blocks started to rise and form a spiral staircase, up the trunk of a nearby tree. As Bella ascended the steps, each block slowly descended back into its intended spot.

Bella finally reached the platform, where she met Kelly.

"Hey girl," she greeted.

"Bells! You made it," Kelly hugged Bella. They didn't go to the same school, so they didn't see each other often.

"Yup. No problems unlike last time."

"That's good. So, let's get down with it? Cara and the girls are already inside."

"Let's go!"

The girls linked arms and giggled as they walked into the Spot.

The Spot was not your average teenage hangout. It was a medium sized yurt built ontop of a platform in a large tree in the middle of Arglintio Park. Not many teens really know about it, and those who do are sworn to secrecy. During the day, the little yurt in the tree looks like nothing more than a tent for somebody thrown out on the streets. It isn't until the night time when the yurt really becomes alive.

Nobody really knows who built the Spot, or how it even got in the tree in the first place. All they know is that now, the Spot is run by a Senior from Hugh Kildren High. His real name is Ylif Klend, but here, he goes by Chief Link, for he is the one who decides who joins his "tribe". Bella's tale of how she was choosen is an interesting one, but that's for another time(A/N: Maybe the next chapter? ;-)).

Kelly and Bella walked inside and found their friends on the other side. There were 12 total teens in the "tribe". Chief Link sat at the front of the room and waited for all the others to settle down.

"Greetings, fellow Spotters!" He bellowed.

"To you we reflect the same," was the unanimous response from the other 11. Bella always found the opening interesting. She was Catholic, yes, but there was still something remarkable with being able to respond directly with your leader.

Chief Link continued, "I've received word from headquarters that we are to start a new mission today."

The room buzzed with excitement.

"Awesome! I haven't been on a mission in a while!" A twin, Arilina, squealed to Bella.

"I know! I wonder what we're going to be doing," Her brother, Caiden, responded.

The Spot was not the only one of it's kind. It was actually a part of a larger branch of little "tribes" called Moonlight Night Warriors, or MNW for short. There were 10 branches in total. There's the Castle(a.k.a HQ) based in London, the Fort over in Maine, the Barricade in France, the Hub just up in Fremont California, the Overpass down in Louisiana, the Hang located in Canada, the Camp which was in Oaklahoma, the Dig in New Zealand, the Cave right across in Australia, and the Spot in LA. Each was run by a chief appointed by their predecessor(A/N: Doubt I spelled that right.).

Every now and then, they were given a mission to perform an act of kindness all together that benefitted whatever commnity they were in. The only catch was that it had to be done by moonlight only and unless stated otherwise, they couldn't be seen by anybody.

Lately though, the Spot has been quiet, and most were beginning to think that they no longer had a purpose to be there. Just like Bella did.

Until that night.

Bella was more than excited. The Chief always picked 2-3 of the members to carry out the extra mission, and she finally saw her opportunity to prove herself. There were rankings in all of the "tribes" that identified them when they were working anywhere with MNW. They were like codenames of sorts. Currently, she was ranked as "Lace Knot"(all names were based and somehow related to the chief's name), which meant she was in the middle. It was better than "Rusted Hinge", but she was working her way up to be "Steel Lock", meaning she would be qualified to be the next chief. If she could just prove herself to Chief Link that she was worthy of a high ranking. And there was one way to make that happen.

I have to be in the team, she thought.

Bella silently prayed and listened intently, hoping to hear her name called. Chief Link always read the list of people going on the extra mission first before anything else.

"Those of you who will go on the extra mission include...."

A/N: Again. Sorry for the REALLY late update! I'm A What?!?! is up next, then TWOTM, then My Summer...Turned Upside Down, and finally Black Sheep of the Family again. Lastly, vote! Comment!!! SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!