Chapter 13: Amy's Story

A/N: What's up guys?! Haha. So, just a few updates. Cimfam Love will be given a new poem soon. I'm trying to make it a holiday poem about the girls, so stay tuned for that. Also, as I've already mentioned, the two videos for my starter Youtube channel should be posted hopefully within the next month, so keep an eye out for a message about that. Last but not least, I have been reading a TON of Cimorelli fan fictions lately, so if you guys want me to check yours out, send me a message with the link and I'll check it out. Maybe even leave a comment or two. ;-) Now onto the chapter!

Chapter 13: Amy's Story

*Amy's POV*

"Guys, what's going on?" Chrissy asked. I was still looking down at my sneakers and just shuffled them back and forth on the carpet. The room was silent. I felt somebody staring at me and I think I know who. I looked up and sure enough, I made eye contact with Christina. Her eyes were filled with worry and fear. It also looked like she was on the verge of tears. My eyes were still kind of puffy from crying earlier, I'm sure. After a few minutes, I took a deep breath then said, "Alright, I'll go first."

All of them turned to face me. I cleared my throat and took another deep breath before I began. "You guys all remember my boyfriend? Daniel? The one I've been dating for a few months?"

They all nodded. "Well, a couple of weeks ago, I broke up with him. And not just because I had lost feelings for him. That's part of it. It's because..." I trailed off. I didn't know how to continue that sentence. The tears pricked my eyes as I tried my best to hold them back. Lisa must have seen my pain because she got up and gave me a hug while sitting down next to me. She slowly rubbed my back and whispered in my ear "If you aren't ready to tell us, you don't have to."

I shook my head, then took a deep breath before continuing. "He was abusing me." My sisters gasped and I saw Chrissy cover her mouth in shock. Her eyes glistened with tears that were ready to fall. It hurt me to remember these past few months, but I knew it was finally time to tell the truth. "It started out when we first started going out."

*Flashback*

I was out on the boardwalk with my boyfriend, Daniel. We've been dating for about 4 months now. We aren't too serious yet, but we still hold hands and kiss each other on the cheek and all those lovey dovey things that couples do. Or at least, when we're in public or there's people around. When we are somewhere private, like his apartment or in our little cove, he can be very aggressive. He still tries to be kind and sweet and all that, but when he gets mad, he can get very......rough. He raises his voice and yells at me and sometimes even calls me certain names in order to have me "remember" that I'm "his girl only". See, I already knew ahead of time that he gets jealous really easily. I saw what had happened when he argued with his sister once after she beat him at Mario Kart and started to brag and dance around him. He nearly broke her nose!

He scared me a lot after that incident, but I realized that he just didn't want people rubbing their accomplishments in his face. He normally gets jealous when he sees me talking with some family friends from church, which is mostly guys. He knows my brothers and some of my cousins, so I'm careful with who I'm around.

Anyways, like I said, we were on the Boardwalk just strolling along with his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. He looked at me and gave a smile back, but it was pretty weak and faded really quickly as he looked off into the distance. I just looked down at our feet as we kept walking. the awkward silence grew. It's been like this on and off for the past few weeks now. Also, he's 21, so he's been drinking. A lot too. I went to his apartment just a few days ago, and there were beer cans and bottles all over the place. He was jealous again that day too. He'd slapped me and punched me in the arm. He called me a couple of hours I went home though, saying he didn't mean it and that it was only because he was drunk. I forgave him, but I still have that bruise on my shoulder. It hasn't fully faded, so I've been putting a lot of foundation on it to hide it from my family, except more or less from Lise, Kath, Chris, and Mom and Dad. Especially Chrissy. She'd FREAK if she found out.