09: COOKIES AND WAX (FIGURES)

09: cookies and wax (figures)

DAY 3.50

"It's not going to hurt," Fiona calms down.

"What do you mean it's not going to hurt! Oh my fuck, how do sophisticated people do this all the time?" Dakota cries out, eyes widening at the yellow, thick substance, battered onto some sort of wide, plastic stick.

"You asked us!" Fiona defends herself and sophisticated people. She unplugged the Wax Machine, closing the lid and storing it in the cupboard. "We're not that stupid."

"Oh, thank god," Dakota sighs in relief. She is about to get up, when she notices Brooke rubbing a cotton thin, long strip in-between her hands. "Wha. . . "

"This, my beautiful," Brooke evilly smiles, sitting by Dakota's feet, "is a ready-made waxing strip." Dakota groans, leaning her head back on the small couch that was there.

"Where's Arthur?" Dakota groaned. She shuffled, getting more comfortable. "He should go through this for ruining my underwear."

"You know what else, Sweet Cheeks?" Brooke sits by her. Dakota lets out a cry, grumbling about how she thinks this is a terrible idea. "You agreed to this."

"And I regret it. Lets not talk about this any further," Dakota rolls her eyes, snuggling into the couch for comfort from the pain she'll be experiencing in a few seconds. "Fucking hell, just do it!" she shrieks, squeezing her eyes shut.

Brooke bites her lip, to prevent her from laughing. Fiona gets down on her knees, waiting for the hilarious cry of pain to arrive. Brooke rubs the strip on her leg. She grabs the edge. Counting down from three to one, she rips the wax strip off as a bandaid. Dakota screams loudly, gripping her leg in agony.

After her screaming has died out, Fiona looks at her knowingly. "Did it really hurt that much?" Dakota opens her mouth and closes it.

"No."

"OK, so now you're going to do this all over your legs and we'll help you, but only if you take of your pants so we can reach your thighs."

Dakota smirks, leaning forward. "Oh."

"Shut up."

+ +

"OK," Elijah huffs. He removes his hood of his zipper, since he doesn't want to become tan. The two other men form their lips into a tight line. "It's best if one of us goes in, gets a picture, comes out."

"I'm not bothered," Calvin mutters, putting his hands in his pockets. "I want to sleep in a proper bed —"

Elijah interrupts, "— You di —"

"— by myself and with a fluffy pillow that isn't Brooke," he grumbles. Calvin takes a deep breath. "So, which one of us goes?"

"I'll go, but what if the school has paid for us?" Elijah mumbles, walking to the cashier.

"They won't," Arthur says.

"Hi," Elijah says, to the lady behind the counter. "May I have a ticket for one person, please?"

"Sure," the young girl smiles, typing away in her computer for a few seconds, before turning around to punch a ticket.

"You'd expect a school like Cedarton High to pay for such things. Our school is one of the most prestigious ones in the country," Calvin sighs, leaning against the counter.

"Well," Elijah mutters.

"Wait," the girl stops. "Cedarton High?"

"Yup, did they pay?" Arthur guesses, coming to stand in front of the cashier.