24: DIN(N)ER DATES

0024: din(n)er dates

DAY 10.8

Dakota Adler and Arthur are walking, aimlessly, around the museum. Dakota, especially, likes the fact that they are not stopping because that means that she won't be scaring away people with her made-up stories on the artwork present. Arthur, also, is enjoying how uncomfortable she's been acting. At the back of his mind, he thinks it's adorable. Although, the subject will refuse when asked.

The thing they are both excited and nervous about is the fact that Dakota still hasn't let go of Arthur's arm, ever since she made her first, unthinkable comment about the painting, suggesting that there is a love triangle. Arthur, ever since, has been constantly making implied remarks referring to the incident.

"So, basically, the story behind this artwork is — oh, wait, never mind, you can probably guess the story," Arthur chuckles, taking a sip from his champagne glass which is filled to the brim with orange juice. (Classy, really.) Turns out, that there's an exhibition on today and the both of them don't know where the clue is — actually, they do not even remember that it's a clue that they're looking.

Dakota rolls her eyes, then snatches away the drink from his hand and takes a big sip of it. As she's doing so, she realises that his OCD side may kick in and that this isn't a good idea at all.

"That's my drink! You're always doing that, get your own!" Arthur hisses softly, reaching out and taking his glass back. Dakota sticks her tongue out, looking around to see if there is any waiter heading their way. She spots one a few steps a head of her, carrying a tray full of tall glasses of champagne. She takes her glass, thanks the man and walks back to Arthur. As she turns to him, she sees him lifting his handkerchief of the edge of his glass and checking if there are any lip-balm stains left on his drink's container.

As he's about to put it back in, Dakota comes in and sweeps it from between his fingers, holding it slightly above. "Ooh, handkerchief. Nice touch," Dakota teases, standing close to him.

"Give it back," Arthur mutters, snatching it from her hold. He folds it and tucks it back neatly into his pocket.

"You two idiots!" a voice yells loudly. Dakota and Arthur flinch and look a head to see Elijah and the rest of the gang, who are clearly walking far behind to avoid being associated with Elijah, behind him.

"Keep it down," Dakota mumbles, even though he doesn't hear her. She turns slightly in Arthur's hold, holding her champagne glass to her chest.

Elijah stops and look around to see everyone else looking at him. "It says no flash photography! Not that I can't speak loudly! Don't you guys have something worse to do?" Elijah yells, making everyone else instantly turn around and go back to their business. He rolls his eyes and turns to look at Dakota and Arthur, his expression one of expectation.

A moment of silence passes and the rest reach them.

"Did you to not read the back of the ticket?" Calvin casually asks, his hand holding Brooke's.

"Thanks, Calvin Klein. You ruined my overly dramatic performance," Elijah comments.

"You're face is overly dramatic," Calvin lamely shoots back.

Brooke raises her eyebrows. "What?"

"Okay, never mind that, what are you guys talking about?" Arthur interrupts, ending the very lame conversation they were having.

"Check your ticket," Elijah orders, gesturing towards them.

Dakota reaches for Arthur's back pocket and plucks the tickets out. Arthur's eyes enlarge slightly because of this but then he remembers how Dakota is and that all of this is probably normal for her.