19: BED-HOPPING

19: bed-hopping 

DAY 8.03 

Dakota Adler is wide awake in her bed. She cannot bother anyone at this time due to her being alone and, also, it being around three o'clock in the morning. So, her fingers tap against her stomach, trying to pass time. 'Not Sleeping' isn't Dakota Adler's thing. 'Sleeping like a log in the wild without any will to get up to see the sunrise' is what Dakota Adler does. 

Tonight is different. Tonight is full of an emotion she can't begin to understand. Dakota nods at herself for thinking of a decent topic to ponder over during these early hours. So, what exactly is keeping her up? 

First she thinks it might have to do with her not having had anything to eat for dinner but, as surprising as it is, Dakota has gone to bed without dinner before. This mostly happens because she's either partying, is watching a movie or is too late and lazy to fix herself something edible to eat. Most of the times, they aren't the case. 

Still. . today isn't that. Today is something foreign. Blaming her temporary insomnia on food, Dakota gets up from her bed. The cool air hits her midriff. Due to her short-term anger issues, Dakota feel asleep in her underwear, not bothered to make an effort to put on some proper clothes. She grabs (stupid) Arthur's (stupid) school hoodie. Pulling it over her head, she slips on some slippers, before exiting the room. 

To say Dakota is in shock upon her exit is an understatement. Two figures are kissing against the front door. Clearly not expecting it, Dakota clears her throat. They pull apart and smile at Dakota. Fiona waves goodbye to Dakota and tells her she will meet Dakota in the morning. Dakota smiles at the pair, happily. Then, she continues her journey to the main room. Going to the left side, where the kitchen is, Dakota pulls out a loaf of bread. She spreads butter onto it, then putting the two slices together. Afterwards, she sinks her teeth into her 'dinner'. 

Sitting in the dark, Dakota goes over today's event. She gets slightly annoyed by the first event of this morning: fighting. Following is more fighting. Third place is fighting. Fourth event is sleeping. Sleeping is something she liked. She doesn't deny the fact that, supposedly, 'cuddling' with Arthur made it better. Dakota is an average student, not unobservant. She knows that Arthur slept beside her, of course. Obviously, it was more than just 'beside her'. Full on 'cuddle sesh' would be the more appropriate, fitting term to use here. 

Even though there is no one around, Dakota hides her face and blushes. She actually liked that. She liked it very much. Although Dakota doesn't understand what part of it was, it was comforting, relaxing and great. Feeling that shy emotion settle into her once more, Dakota grins like a Cheshire Cat. She thinks about Arthur, now, more than anything. 

Then, as she's going over what he did to her, Dakota remembers that he, too, mustn't have had anything to eat for his evening meal. Therefore, she gets off her stool and quietly climbs the stairs. 

She opens the door to the boys room. Their a night lamp that brightens the room a little. The curtains are wide open and Dakota can't help but internally laugh over the fact that eighteen-year-old teenagers are scared of the dark. What's even more hilarious is that the boys decided to join all three single beds together, to form a big one. It's cute, she has to admit. It shows signs of small bondings happening, which is always good for their type of team. Dakota smiles that they've come a long way from being just 'strangers'.  A lot has happened in the past seven days, themselves. 

Dakota snaps herself back to her main goal. She closes the door behind her, taking in the boys' forms. Calvin sleeping on his side, the blanket somehow managing to only cover his legs. Elijah, on the other hand, is rolled onto his stomach, one hand curled around his pillow. Then, on the far end, is Arthur. He's on his side, his back facing Dakota. His legs have been brought up to his chest, for sure. Dakota smiles lightly. The smile's not like any other. It's almost one of proudness. One of belonging and 'mine'.