31: YOU ARE WORTH IT (TO ME)

a/n: Hi! So, I was re-reading the last chapter. . and I felt this perfect end to it. It wrapped everything up. . it left you guys to imagine . . however, I'm writing this despite it not feeling right. . but . . I still have a little story I want to tell you. . so, technically, this is some sort of continuation of the end. .     Also, I probably feel this way bc of Teen Wolf, 6x10

031: you are worth it (to me)

(a/n) Happy Valentine's or, as I like to call it, Happy Tuesday/Satan's Day/Reminder Day That You're Single AF/It's Been 2 Weeks since Stydia Kissed Day

Brooke presses the doorbell, one more time, unsure of what will come of this. She patiently waits in the warmth night air of San Diego. This is the address she received  – she checked thrice.

When the door opens, a fairly middle-aged man stands their, a welcoming smile on his face.

Brooke mentally congratulates herself for making the right decision of wearing a tan skirt and striped shirt. "Hello, sir," Brooke greets. Her heart's hammering in her chest. This is Calvin's father.

"Hello, young lady. How may I help you?" he asks.

WHAT? Am I at the right house? Calvin has called Brooke over for dinner, the night before the big wedding, just to say their final goodbyes and such as they may not get a lot of time later. How can his father not know she's coming over?

"I'm Brooke," she states. The man watches her for further explanation. Okay, shit, am I really at the right house? Unsurely, she explains, "I'm Calvin's girlfriend."

The man's eyes widen in shock. "Come in!" he says, still surprised.

Brooke nervously steps into the house, begging Calvin telepathically to show up.

"Brooke!" Calvin yells, from the top of the stairs. He comes rushing down and instantly wraps her into a hug.

The jeans and white shirt on him doesn't calm any of her nerves. . even though she's assured she's at the right house.

Kissing her hair, he pulls back, facing his dad, with his arm slung over his girlfriend's shoulders. "Oh, Dad, you were at work..so I couldn't tell you. This is my girlfriend, Brooke, and I called her over for dinner."

"Explains all the food," Mr Hallman laughs, shaking Brooke's hand. "Good to finally see you bring a girl home, Cal. Shows me you have a soul. . ."

"DAD!" Calvin exclaims, shaking his head.

"What?"

Calvin gives him a knowing look, before leading Brooke to the living room. However, he halts, and looks over his shoulder. "You never let anyone who says she's my girlfriend in  .. . why now?"

"Didn't I tell you? I would know who your girlfriend is," Mr Hallman reminds, walking past the young couple.

"So, Brooke! By judging this food, I can tell you're vegetarian . .that makes two of us," Mr Hallman says, standing beside the dining table. "And, it would only be fair to you, if I showed you Calvin's baby pictures, so come on!"

"Why do you hate me?" Calvin asks his father.

"I don't hate you. I'm just doing justice to your relationship," says Mr Hallman, before motioning Brooke to follow him into the living room. Brooke laughs.

Before they can leave, Calvin grabs Brooke's wrist, pulling him to her. "Wait. You can do that after dinner." Brooke looks at Calvin, unsure of who to listen to. He looks at her with a loving smile.