You Meet Again (Part I)

Percy:

Ever since you had went to live with your aunt's family at age ten, you knew something was wrong. They watched you constantly, hardly ever letting you out of their sight, and never said more than a couple of short sentences to you at a time.

Aside from this, you simply felt unsafe. You were always jumpy, easy to startle. And the night of your eleventh birthday, it was revealed why.

You had gone to the library down the road that night to finish up some homework, and thus came home late. You had came in the back door so quietly that they did not hear you.

However, you had heard them in a spare room which you were never allowed in for now obvious reasons. You had peeked in to seem them sharpening their knives and starting the large fire, stating that the 'little brat they had adopted' was now 'plump enough to eat.'

Hearing this, you ran away from that home, barely escaping the clutches of the hungry cyclops that could act.

Needless to say, the fact that you had just discovered some mythical creature freaked you out. Thankfully, you had found a protector, your now-best-friend Grover, not long after that in a safehouse him in some others had made previously.

Today was the day that you had finally agreed to go to this camp you had talked about with him. Grover claimed that it was secure and safe. Much safer than any temporary home they could build for protection.

"How far away did you say it was from here, Grover?" You questioned yet again. "About twenty more minutes away, on Long Isle Beach. Twenty minutes assuming you keep up." He yelled from aways up. You were sludging along today, unsure about this camp. What if this was no different from the cyclops' house.

You hadn't noticed that Grover had stopped, waiting for you to catch up. "Hey, everything's going to be alright. Just stick by me and you'll be fine. Okay?"

You took a deep breath, "Okay."

>>> <<<

"Not okay! NOT OKAY!" You had just climbed the top of the hill, eyeing the golden fleece resting on a nearby pine tree. You, being you, was wondering how soft it really was. I mean sure, it looked comfy, but the curiosity was too great. When you had reached out to feel it, a dragon popped up out of nowhere and started throwing its fire breath around.

"I thought you said these people wouldn't fight us!" You yelled back at Grover who was currently racing down the hill behind you, attempting to pat out the flames on his legs. Apparently, goat fur was more flammable than you would have thought.

"He couldn't do that last time I was here!"

You were finally at the bottom of the hill, out of breath, but with no dragon on your tail.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), are you okay?"

You just nodded, too tired to respond.

"Okay, good. Let's go to the big house."

>>> <<<

You had continued on to the big house to meet Chiron and Mr. D. They had preceded to tell you everything thing that Grover didn't, everything about the Gods, your father, the monsters and why they attacked you.

They had let you stay in a room at the big house that night, deeming that it was too late to wake the Hermes cabin and that you needed a more private place to stay for right now.

When you had woken up, you found yourself in a tangle of sheets, blankets, and pillows. You attempted to get out of bed, but only succeeded in dragging the majority of the covers towards the door with your still half asleep self. When you tried to take a step out the door, you ended up falling face first onto the hardwood floor. Oomph.