Cynthia-Rose12 - Nico

@Cynthia-Rose12

"Cynthia? Cynthia, are you still alive?" You felt a finger prod into your side, waking you up from your slumber.

"Poke me again, Perseus Jackson, and I will go Ares on your behind."

You opened one eye lazily, watching Percy stick his hands up, "I surrender. The last thing I need today is an angry sis. Nico already won't make eye contact with me and I'm getting the vibe that Annabeth has it out for me here lately, too."

You sat up in bed and scratched your head, "Do you think it would have anything to do with the fact that you doused her with water in the creek last week during Capture the Flag?"

He splayed himself across the foot of the bed, starfish style until half his body was hanging off the bed, "Pshh, no. Maybe. Probably." He was quiet for a few more moments, "Definitely."

You groaned. How long was it going to take for him to realize that not everyone liked being soaked in water 24/7. Mentally, I shook my head.

You wondered what was up with Nico. It was normal for the child of Hades to be a little grumpy, especially if Percy was around to mess with him, but something just felt off.

Percy started groaning from his spot on the foot of the bed, "Come on and get up already, Cynthia," he dragged the 'a' in your name out longer than it should have been held, "It's almost time for breakfast and if we don't get there in time, Grover will have eaten all of biscuits and gravy."

>>> <<<

You and Percy were walking up to the pavilion together, your hair still soaking wet from your shower, "Could you not have given me five minutes to blow dry. Surely there would have been something left that you liked."

"Oh, Cynthia, will you never learn. If you want the non-burnt bacon, you gotta get here early-" Percy stopped mid sentence, jaw dropped and staring at Grover's plate stacked nearly a foot high with camp's homemade flapjacks. "He did not." Stomping over, he started berating Grover, "Oh, no. That's not how this works!"

You chuckled to yourself, only imagining what trouble Percy was going to get into today. Grover wasn't usually too picky about sharing, but the goat really loved his pancakes.

Something caught the corner of your eye. More specifically, a dark clad moody looking someone. "Nico! Nico wait up!" You shouted to your best friend, but to no avail. The boy merely gave you a glance before speeding up and walking around the edge of the pavilion, out of your sight.

You ran to catch up with him, only to find the clearing right beyond the pavilion empty, Nico no where to be seen.

>>> <<<

It had been nearly a week since the pavilion incident and Nico still hadn't given you the time of day. Every chance you got to try and speak to Nico, he completely blows you off.

Today, however, was going to be different. Whether he liked it or not, you and Nico were going to have words. Most likely loud, angry words, but at least you'll be communicating.

You were sitting on your bed in the cabin going over the printed schedules you had gotten from Chiron for this week, scouring the pages to see if Nico was helping out anywhere today so you could catch him.

You were going through list of senior campers manning the battle arena today whenever Percy came back into the cabin. "What are you doing here? The schedule said you're manning the sword fighting classes today with Annabeth here soon. The arena's on the other side of camp." You pointed to his name on the piece of paper.