Sick - Nico

"No. Absolutely not."

"(Y/N)-"

"I don't care how tough you think you are, Di Angelo, you have to face the facts. You. Are. Sick."

Nico sat on the steps outside his cabin, his hair a sweaty, sticky mess and skin a sickly red considering his normal pastiness. "I'm not sick, I'm just-"

"Feverish, having cold sweats, and dizzyingly delusional. You kept walking into the closet thinking it was the doorway until I came in and grabbed you." You folded your arms across your chest, making sure he knew you were serious.

Nico's hands went up in a tangled gesture, "I'm just tired. All I need is a little time to wake up fully. I'll go play with Mrs. O'Leary or practice with Percy."

"There is no way you are going anywhere near a sharp object today, Nico. I've been had enough medical classes with Will to know a case of the flu when I see one. You, mister, are taking today off."

"But-"

"No buts. Back to bed. I'll go grab some chicken soup and movies for you to watch today." You stopped, sniffing the air, "Actually, shower first, then bed." You started down the path away from the Hades cabin, "And don't skimp on the shampoo!"

>>> <<<

"Hey, I'm back! I've got a whole canteen of chicken broth and saltine crackers- What are you doing?"

Nico was currently sitting on the floor next to his bed, a blanket wrapped around him. "I've decided to try being a sushi roll." He replied in a scratchy, stuffed nose voice. "I see why you do this now, it's really comfortable."

You sighed and sat the food down, "I'm going to go run the shower and get it nice and hot. Don't go anywhere, okay?"

You heard a muffled 'yes' through the blanket that covered Nico's mouth and went to the showers at the other end of the cabin. This is going to be an interesting day.

>>> <<<

Leaving Nico alone while he was sick was not a good idea, even if it was only for a couple of minutes.

Right after you left the room he was moving around, trying just to stand up at first. It took him three good tries before he stood straight up on his feet. However, he managed to let the blanket he was using drag all over the floor and tripped himself up. He landed with a solid thud and let out a muffled 'ouch'.

"Babe? Neeks, are you okay?" You said, wiping your hands on your shirt as you walked back into the main room. "Nico? Are you okay?" 

Nico didn't move a muscle, remaining completely immobile on the floor, his face to the floor. 

"Nico?" You said again, starting to get worried. 

There were a few more moments of silence before a snore erupted from the lump on the floor. 

You crossed your arms and rested your weight on one hip, "Unbelievable." 

>>> <<<

Once Nico came back into the room after the shower, you made him lay in bed and take some medicine, which he immediately refused like a child.

"Nico, you are almost a full grown adult. You have to take medicine."

"No, absolutely not. It smells like Mr. D during wine grape season."

"That's not my fault! The infirmary was out of the regular pill type, so all we have left is this and pomegranate flavoured liquid medicine."

Nico made a sour face and crossed his arms in response. "Fine."

>>> <<<

(Y/N)?

"Yes, Nico?"

"I'm bored."

You sat on the edge of his bed, "Well, what do you want to do? We could watch a movie, play Monopoly-"

Nico scooted over to one side of the bed, patting the space beside him. "I wanna snuggle."

You raised one eyebrow, "Snuggle?" Nico so far in your relationship never showed much PDA, always waiting to give you a peck on the cheek or a long hug in private, but snuggling was a huge step for him. But you still weren't going to let the chance pass you up, even if he was so sick he he didn't know what he was saying.

You slid into one side of Nico's bed beside him, snuggling into his side. "If you get me sick, di Angelo, I swear to Zeus-"

"Oh, stop your complaining and cuddle with me already."

Within five minutes, you were both asleep under the duvet on Nico's bed, snoring to your hearts' contents.

>>> <<<

It took Percy a couple of hours to realize that (Y/N) and Nico were missing. After his lunch break, he decided to go around and see if he could find them. He eventually wandered to Nico's cabin in Camp Half-Blood to hear snoring coming from inside.

Deciding to check it out, he tiptoed up the steps and in the cabin to find the two of you fast asleep, arms and feet splayed in every direction and snoring practically vibrating the walls.

Percy merely grinned at the sight before him and dug out his picture camera, capturing a prime piece of blackmail to add to his collection.

>>> <<<

The next day started out better than the last in the sense that Nico's fever had went away in the night. You, however, weren't quite a fortunate. By breakfast you were already sweating bullets and sneezing like someone sprinkled 20 packs of pepper into your nose.

You followed Nico, who carried both of your guys' trays of food after you spilled yours during a sneezing fit, over to a table with Percy and the rest of the gang there. You couldn't even make it two biscuits in before you physically couldn't eat anymore due to your impractical allergy fits.

"Gesundheit, (Y/N). You sound like you may be sick." Percy inquired, making it all the too obvious that he knew about the previous couple of days.

"Nonsense," you started saying, your voice icky from the cold, " I'm completely fi- fi- fi- achoo!" You sneezed into your napkin. "Fine, I'm a little sick."

"That's okay," Nico wrapped his arm around you, bringing you closer to him, "I'll take care of you."

"Achoo!"

>>> <<<

Okay, now obviously this isn't really in Nico's character range as to what he acts like and says during this one-shot. I was kind of going with the 'he's-so-sick-he-isn't-acting-normal' kinda thing ya know?

Anyway, as always, thank you for  reading!

M.