Chapter 1

I wake up screaming. I sit there panting for a few moments when there's knocking on my door. "Elsa, are you ok? I heard you scream." Anna asks. I compose myself enough to answer her calmly "I'm fine Anna. Just a bad dream."
"Should I come in?"
"No!" Wait, that came out too forced "I mean, no. It was just a bad dream Anna, go back to bed." There's a moment of silence, "Ok, I hope you happier dreams Elsa. Goodnight."
"Goodnight Anna." There's receding foot steps, & then a door closes. I drop my head in my hands. It's been a few years since the accident. I'm 12 now, Anna is 9. I was her age when it happened, when I hurt my sister. I thought back to my nightmare. It was that same night, Anna had convinced me to play with her again. It was the same as it was that day, happy, fun. Anna was jumping onto the snow columns, & again she moved too fast. I slipped, I saw Anna jump again, she was going to fall. I shot out some of my magic to catch her, but instead of hitting her head. I got her heart. Anna hit a snow pile, I ran to her, and held her in my arms. "Anna. Anna, wake up! Wake up!" I started crying, "Mama papa!" I screamed. "Elsa?" I looked down at her "Anna. Are you ok?" She smiled at me "I love you Elsa, tell mama & papa I love them too." Anna started closing her eyes. "Noo, no. Anna you stay with me. You tell them yourself." She didn't, Anna turned ice cold. She's dead, & its my fault. Mama and papa burst in "Elsa! What have you done!" Papa screams. "Your a monster!" Screams mama. "No, no no no. It was an accident!" Papa raises his sword "I will not a monster in my kingdom." I scream. Thats when I wake up. Terrifying, that's what I think about, when I remember that dream. My window opens, I gasp. "Jack Frost?" It's been a few year since the legend of the winter spirit, came about. I liked to believe in him, because he was like me. I see a figure in my room, he's holding a large wooden staff, & he's wearing a brown cloke, no shoes? And, just like his legend, snow white hair. "Wait..can you see me?" He asks. "Of course."
He gasps, "She sees me. She sees me!" He does a flip in the air. I laugh, he's so funny. That's first time I've laughed in a long time. "So princess Elsa. I hear your having trouble." You have no idea, I think. "Yeah I guess you could say that." He comes close to my bed. "No don't come any closer! I don't wanna hurt you." He laughs, "Elsa, I'm Jack Frost, the winter spirit. You can't hurt me. See." He reaches over and touches my hand. His is warm, funny for a winter spirit. After a moment nothing happens, I breathe a sigh of relief. I nod. "Ok, let's have some fun." Jack smiles & gets up on his toes, ready to play. "No Jack. I can't."
"Why not?" He asks, looking confused. "I have ice powers, and I can't control it." Jack just smiles "Well, what if I try to help you control it. We could have fun doing it too." He looks hopeful "I don't know. Jack I'm scared." I put my gloves back on, to protect him, just in case. "That's ok. We can try tomorrow." I nod ok "Goodnight Elsa. I'll see you tomorrow night."
"Goodnight Jack Frost." He turns around and leaves, closing the window. After that, I try to take Anna's advice, she said to have a happier dream. So, I start thinking of all the good times. I smile, I lay back down and continue to think of all those good days. Eventually I fall back asleep, & my dreams are definitely happier.