Chapter 2

Over the next few years, my powers get stronger. Jack comes every night to help me try to control it, there are moments when I don't have magic being used accidentally like usual. It makes both of us hopeful that I'll soon get them under control. But, it never lasts long. I'll jump up & down after a success & ice will shoot out of my hand. I'll instantly run for my gloves, but Jack gets in the way. "No," he tells me "no gloves, you can't get scared. Come on, we're going to have some fun instead." Jack would then make snow in my room, and we would have snow ball fights. Also, as time goes on, I grow more and more fond of him. I'm eager to see him every day, and I dread when he has to leave. Why am I so anxious to see him? He's just a friend.

Tonight is my 17th birthday. Every year I come out of my room, to spend time with my whole family. Including Anna. I'm so excited, I hardly get to see her. I always beat Anna to breakfast, lunch & supper. I see her a few times out the year, for birthdays only. I'm scared that I might hurt her of course, but I just can't wait to spend time with Anna. I'm putting my slippers on when there's knocking on my window. I turn around to see, it's Jack. I smile, and go to open the window. "Jack. What are you doing here? I wasn't to see you till tonight." Not that I'm complaining. "I wanted to see you." Jack smiles, "O-on your birthday of course." We both laugh. Funny Jack never trips over his own words. We both stand there a moment, he sighs "Wow. You look beautiful." I blush & look down "But what princess wouldn't be on her birthday." I blush harder. I keep looking down, to avoid him seeing me red as a cherry. "Thank you." I finally manage. "Oh! I got you something." I look up at him eagerly "What is it?" I ask.
"Close your eyes." He says. I do as I'm told. I feel something cold go around my neck. "Ok. Open them." I open them. Jack is staring at me, "What?" I ask. "Nothing you're just...wow." I blush and turn around, and look in the mirror. I gasp "Wow." It's a snowflake with intricate details, and a small blue diamond in the middle. It's made completely out of ice. "Jack you shouldn't have, it's beautiful." I run to him and give him a hug. He laughs a little, "No Elsa, you're beautiful." I smile and blush.
He pulls away a little, and puts his lips on my cheek. I close my eyes, savoring the moment. After a little bit, he pulls away. "Happy birthday Elsa." He starts walking backwards, and doesn't take his eyes off me. Jack bumps into the window, I giggle. He smiles and turns around, and gets up on the window seal. He turns back around, and waves bye. I wave back, he turns back around and flies away. I touch where he kissed me, I still feel like his lips are still there. There's knocking, "Elsa are ready?" Anna asks. "Just a moment!" I call out. I quickly put on a jacket over my dress, to cover the necklace so no one aks where I got it. I open the door, "Ok let's go." I put a few feet between us, to protect Anna. We head to the parlor, where our parents are waiting.