Grim- 4

Chapter 4

“ No Mrs..?”

“Call me Vera.”

“Vera, both my parents are white angels. The grim cannot be my father. Where on underground did you get that from?” I asked. She laughed and smiled.

“You look like him, and honey, I’m really sorry to say, but it is impossible to have two White Angel’s have a Death Angel as a child. Are you sure the man you call your father is really your father? Think about it, do you look like him? At all?” I thought back to the last time I saw him, His light brown hair short and curly. His light green eyes. My mother’s eyes where green as well. I remember back n grade school if your parents had green eyes you either had to have green or brown. My old ones where grey? I thought to my mom, she had dark brown hair. So I got my hair from her, but her face was chubby and child like, and so was my fathers. Mine was small and slim showing my cheek bones to the fullest, and my dimples when I smiled would always show, my father did not have dimples. And I didn’t know about my mother. Then I thought about Grim, all I know about him was his eyes where all black, just like mine are now, his hair was black like mine, and he had dimples. His face was slim and skinny but I could only see it under his hood that covered most his face. “Do you?” Vera asked again.

“No.” I whispered mostly to myself. I looked up at her and she frowned. “But! I don’t even know anything about the Grim.”

“You can go to his library, find the books he writes in late at night. They could probably tell you thing or to, or maybe you could ask Wildflower.”

“Wildflower..?” I asked

“It’s a book, you opened her up and a face appears. She was once a member of this school, but legend says she did something bad to the school, so Grim put her in the book. She took over the book and wrote her feelings. But she will be hard to find, she can skip to one book to the next. SO be quiet, don’t scare her off. If you open the book she can’t leave it. A book has to be closed for her to book swap. Open it up and ask her about Grim, she knows everything about this school. She has been in the book for a long time. Or at least that’s what legend says.”

“Have you see her?” I asked.

“No, but I have heard her. She sometimes talks to herself at night when no one is around. Ask Isabella what book she is normally in. Isabella is a friend of Wildflower. They talk all the time, maybe you could get Isabella to get Wildflower to talk to you.”

“Who is Isabella?”

“Oh my dear dear, I forgot you only just got here today! Isabella is the keeper of souls. You can find her in the library of at the well behind the school, or at the soul river. But she is normally at the well talking to spirits.”

“Thank you.”

“Do you know what you want to eat?” At that my stomach growled again, I giggled and looked up and smiled.

“What did you have last night?”

“Soup.” She answered me with a sad smile on her face.

“My my, my dear, that is boring.” She smiled and I continued. “How about Green eggs and ham?” She smiled and nodded shouting orders to her workers. She then turned back to me. “It will be ready in an hour.”

“Thank you!” I giggled and ran out of the room. Thinking to myself my back rippled and you could hear bones crack, I looked to my side and big black wings where beside me. I smiled to myself and started to walk to the front of the castle. I flew up to the top of the castle and spotted a well. I jumped down from the roof catching my feet and running until I came to the edge of the roof, I jumped and fell making my way to the ground, about 10 feet from the ground I stopped myself from falling with my wings, and slowly flew the rest of the way down. I thought to myself once again. My bones pooped and pain shot threw me making my back making me grit my teeth and rub them agents each other. The sound of my bones popping made a small girl turn to me. She tilted her head and smiled at me, I looked at her outfit and smiled, she was wherein rainbow stripped tights a hot pink too-too, and for her top a bright yellow shirt with a lime green scarf, her long dark brown hair was in pig tails to the side, one pinned up with a red hair tight, the other a bright blue.