chapter 9

Waking up to a pounding headache and in an unfamiliar place is as unpleasant as it sounds. I roll over with a groan.

"Good you're awake." An all too familiar voice states coldly. I lay still, hoping to fool him. I know I'm going to get chewed out.

"Cocaine? Really Kellin? You know you're on probation!" Vic's voice begins to get louder toward the end of his small rant.

"Yes cocaine. Do you really have to yell?" I say slowly, sitting up in the bed. It's not mike's is all that I know. Vic sits in a large leather chair near the bed looking tired and still very angry. Vic pinches the bridge of his nose, his arms flexing. He might hate me right now, but he still looks really hot. Self-consciously I try and smooth my bed head.

"I-I don't even know what to do with you. I should call the cops. You and your little friend vandalized my house!"

"Speaking of my friend, where is he?" I ask, looking around as if I expected him to be in the corner or something.

"I sent him home after forcing him to tell me what you took after you passed out." Vic says with a glare at me. I ignore his anger and throw my legs over the side of the bed, preparing to leave. I don't care what Vic decides to do. I'm not going to stay here and listen to him bitch. As I stand up though, the room spins and I fall back down on the bed.

"Just sit still." Vic snaps tiredly.

"So what are you going to do? Call the cops?" I snap, holding my head in my hands in an attempt to get the world to stop spinning. Another reason I don't mess with drugs. I hate being hungover.

"I should." He mumbles. I look up at him with squinted eyes

"And why aren't you?" I ask watching him closely. He avoids my eyes and shrugs.

"You're afraid it'll come back on you aren't you?" I say as it dawns on me. He's afraid he'll be blamed for my drug use because of the little thing that happed between us.

"No. I can always tell them the truth. That you felt me up and then ran away and got high. I just don't want to deal with that shit. I actually decided I'll keep seeing you. I don't like not finishing a case."

I'm too shocked to say anything at first. He wants to keep me in therapy? And even better he's keeping the cops out of this?

"Wait what if I don't want your stupid therapy?"

"Then I call the stupid police." Vic replies with a nonchalant shrug, as if my choice made no difference to him. Asshole.

"Fine. Obviously you just want me in your house but ok." I reply, trying to get back to my usual flirty, sassy self. Vic rolls his eyes with a sigh, standing up from his seat.

"I'm going to call your mom and make sure you actually go home this time." Vic says, pulling a phone from his pocket and walking toward the door. I jump out of bed and stumble toward him, almost panicked, but not quite.

"Don't! Don't do that! She's still pissed about the dog thing and she said one more slip up and she's calling my probation officer! You can't exactly help me if I'm in prison." I remind him, trying to get him to stop. I seriously don't want to deal with my mom's shit along with Vic's.

Vic turns to back to me with an annoyed expression. Man he really doesn't like me. I had liked to think that somewhere under the hot 'I hate you' face was some kind of...I don't know fondness. But looking at him now, I can only see distaste. Like I'm an insect invading his home. It's not really a good feeling to be honest.

"Fine. Ill drive you home myself. I'm going to tell your mom that, as part of your therapy, you're supposed to stay home. If you leave tonight I won't hesitate to call the police and report you for drug use." Vic says coldly. I cross my arms in front of my chest, it's my turn to be annoyed.