chapter 19

I call Vic the next day.

"Kellin I told you-"

Yeah I know," I interrupt him. "I just wanted to say I took care of everything." I say biting my lip. It feels good to hear his voice again. Lately everything feels like black and white. Maybe gray. I don't know nothings...good or bright.

"What did you do?" he asks carefully. I laugh humorlessly. Don't forget kellin you're a psycho so of course he think you killed someone to save his ass.

"I got my mom to drop the charges chill out."

There's a pause on the other end before he lets out a sigh. "That's good. It's great. But we still can't see each other." He says. I know I shouldn't feel disappointed but I do. I already know that we can't continue anything but it still hurts.

"Yeah I know. I just thought I should let you know." Thankfully I'm good at keeping emotions out of my voice.

"Ok well um thanks kellin. It was fun while it lasted." Vic says. He's not as good at hiding things as I am though and I hear sadness in his voice.

"Yeah. Bye." I whisper, ending the call quickly. Well that sucked. I have to get over it I guess. I decide the best way to do that is to play some really sad music and sit in the dark.

School is an odd experience. I don't have enough motivation to go and talk to my old friends so I kind of hang out with myself in the morning. As the day goes by I start to fall back into a comfortable routine. Trip that kid who looks like he's in a hurry, shove that small freshmen in to a locker. It doesn't really make me feel better about anything but it's a distraction and a good outlet for these random feelings I have and am unable to really decipher. At lunch mike comes up behind me as I'm getting food and almost drags me to his table.

"What are you doing I thought you hated me?" I say, yanking my arm out of his grasp and sitting down at the table.

"No I told you we're even now. Plus you've been mopey all day and Vic is annoyingly pouty at home and I don't want to deal with it." Mike rants sitting down. Luckily his friend group has shrunk so it no longer includes Oli or josh. Two new guys have replaced them.

"By the way this is Alex and jack." Mike says offhandedly, gesturing to a pink haired guy and a tall skunk haired kid. I nod my head in greeting, to distract by what mike said to really pay them any attention.

"Vic is pouting?" I ask in confusion. Mike rolls his eyes like it's obvious. "Duh. He liked your gay ass. I shipped it. But just so you know, you guys can't be together. I'm not letting Vic go to jail no even if you're my otp." I just stare at him in confusion. I used to think he was kind of cool but he's quickly showing his true colors.

"Look basically I'm just trying to get you guy's closure or something. You can't fuck because it goes against the ethical code or whatever." Mike explains. Tony, who's been faithfully at mike's side like usual decides to speak up for once.

"I was doing a little research when mike told me what happened and you can date each other two years after you've stopped seeing him as your therapist."

I try not to glare or roll my eyes at the kid. He's pretty nice, but who the hell cares? Two years seems so far away and Vic will almost definitely be in a stable relationship by then. I force a small smile and thank tony for the completely useless information.

"Ok but for now I think it would be a good idea for you to come over to my place after school." Mike says, finishing his pizza. I shake my head quickly. I definitely want to see Vic but I don't think he wants to. See me. He might think I'm trying to get him in trouble or something. I don't want him to hate me more then he already does.