Chapter 5 - Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

Chapter 5 – Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

There were two things at this moment that I hated about life. First, it was how dumb I'd been for proposing the idea of playing the role of Zayn's girlfriend. And second, it was how I didn't like this humongous aura surrounding him.

What bothered me the most? It was that grin that never faltered his face. It was like he was going to enjoy the moment of making his ex-girlfriend believe that he moved on. Then what? Then he would take her in his arms later on?

Fucker.

"Do you want me to tell you something about Perrie?" Zayn asked. And again, his grin never faltered his face.

"Whatever," I said.

"She has blonde hair,"

Silence.

"She weighs fifty-four kilograms,"

Silence.

"She's five-foot-six,"

Silence.

"And her horoscope is Cancer,"

"That's great!" I said sarcastically. "And let me guess what the next one is?" I tried to act like I was thinking, "You're still fucking in love with her!"

"I'm just trying to make conversation," he frowned.

"Can't you see that I don't care about Perrie?!" I reasoned. "It's not like I'm going to make money just by thinking about her!"

"Why did you propose the idea if you did not want to do this?"

"This is what you call returning the favor, Malik," I shifted comfortably back into the seat and stared at the window. "I just wanted to repay the help that your group has given me,"

"There's no favor in helping you," he explained. "The group did it without expecting something in return,"

"Every little thing in the world isn't free," I looked at him from the corner of my eye. "Next time, you'll be shocked to hear that you need to pay twelve pounds for five minutes of air,"

"That's being unreasonable,"

"That's being realistic," I counter-attacked. "Look, I'm just telling you that every little thing that a person does for you, you need to repay it back. It's up to you in what way you would do that and as for me, this is my way of repaying you,"

"This is not a debt, Avarielle,"

"Wait," I frowned and turned my head to look at him. "Why did you not call me Ava?"

"Because that name suits you better," he smiled genuinely. "Even if I am not that knowledgeable about your life story yet, I know that the world that you lived in before is different from the world that you will live with us,"

"Yet?" I repeated. "Are you expecting to learn more about my life?"

"Maybe..."

"Good luck with that," I chuckled with less humor that I could have ever imagined. "Even I don't know anything about my life other than the gang," I whispered the last part to myself, quite aware that he did not hear what I just said.

***

"The lads are already inside?" I asked him whilst standing in front of his ex-girlfriend's door and Zayn nodded for a reply. I heard that Perrie was in a group called Little Mix. Today, I was only going to meet Perrie and not her group members which I preferred. I heard that the other members were out of town and were back in their hometown for the given one week vacation.

I did not know why Perrie chose not to go home. Was meeting Zayn's fake girlfriend more important that her own family?

But again, I couldn't possibly blame her. I knew that she was curious as hell.

Zayn rang the doorbell twice before Eleanor opened the door for us. "Hey," she smiled at me. I knew that she wasn't sure of how to act in front of me now that Perrie was in the same room as us. "Come in," she opened the door widely for us to enter.

I inhaled a huge amount of air before taking Zayn's hand in mine and walked in inside the house. Zayn did not brief to me how this happened. He did not tell me why Perrie invited him and me to her house. I just decided not ask any further because I did not want to talk to Zayn that much.

Why?

That answer was obvious.

I hated his guts.

"You must be Avarielle," a blonde-haired girl greeted me. She would be very, very beautiful if those dark circles under her eyes disappeared. Was Zayn the cause of it? That girl, I meant Perrie, looked like hell. Maybe she did not get enough sleep just by thinking about Zayn and the mistake that she had done. "I'm Perrie,"

"You already know me," I nodded at her. She was shocked of my reaction. Maybe she was looking forward to some sweet girl who would do anything for her boyfriend. Well, she got that one wrong alright.

"Zayn..." Perrie's voice trailed off when he saw my supposed-to-be boyfriend. It was obvious that she did not know what to say to him. Her eyes showed full regret of the mistake that she had done whilst Zayn's eyes?

They showed the same.

He was still in love with her.

Everybody in the room noticed this and I simply didn't know what to do. The move was up to the two of them. I would suggest for them to just kiss and make-up but I wasn't in the right position to speak my opinion up since my role playing wasn't really over.

"What did you have in store for us today?" I decided to break their eye contact because it would be really weird for all of us to just stare at the both of them.

"We decided to go bowling," Harry said whilst he placed an arm around my shoulder. I knew Perrie wouldn't suspect my relationship with Harry since it was just a sibling kind of thing after all...and it was pretty obvious if I might add.

"What are we waiting for?" Louis added whilst he took Eleanor's hand and headed outside the door. "Let's go!"