Chapter 12 - Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

Chapter 12 – Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

I tried to swim up, but there was nothing I could do when the water started going inside my mouth and nose. Not once in my life did I ever drown. I truly loved the water. I never experienced having cramps whilst in it.

A blurry vision of Zayn filled my mind. Of course he wouldn't be able to save me. He'd got aquaphobia. When I got a glimpse of him, he was panicking. His head was looking for someone to save me knowing that he wouldn't be able to save me himself.

And without any further ado, I was out.

***

I slowly opened my eyes and of course, I was not that glad I was alive. Death was not something I feared because I already did so many bad things whilst I was still alive. It was just karma if I was dead. The only thing that I was afraid of now was where I just woke up. It could be heaven...or it could be hell.

When I saw the faces of a certain boyband and two gorgeous ladies, I knew that I was in semi-hell. Why semi? Because I was still living but happy to see their faces.

"She's awake!" Niall yelled.

"We can see that, you know?" Louis told the blonde. "You really were just stating the obvious,"

"I wanted it to be movie like," Niall shrugged.

"How are you feeling, love?" Harry asked me as he helped me sat up. I noticed we were inside the girls' beach house.

Even though I didn't have a headache or concussion of some sort, I didn't feel well. I was cold, yeah, mentally but also physically. "Who sa—" I then sneezed.

"You've got a cold, Ava," Liam pointed out. Well, that explained it. Maybe I'd been in the water too long before someone came to save me.

"Who saved me?" I asked for the second time but this time, successfully.

"That would be me," a topless Zayn spoke up.

"W-What?" I blurted out.

"That was my reaction too when we saw him bringing you here!" Eleanor said.

"That was everybody's reaction," Danielle added.

"But I though you can't swim?" I asked Zayn, quite confused.

"He said that it was because of adrenaline rush," Harry explained. "He just panicked and swam recklessly just to save you,"

"So you know how to swim now?" I wondered.

"No," he said whilst looking embarrassed. "I just didn't want to see you die,"

"I'm glad you saved me, Zayn," I said, not using 'Malik' for sincerity. "Thank you,"

"Don't mention it," his shy face smiled at me and I couldn't help myself but get butterflies all over my stomach.

And all I knew was this was the feeling I felt with all those bad boys that I took a liking with.

But I knew for myself that Zayn's way too different from them.

He was no bad boy.

***

It was already midnight. Eleanor and Danielle were already sleeping so I guessed the lads were sleeping too. I was just sitting on the sand outside our beach house and took the view of the wonderful scenery. The moonlight was just hovering right above the sea.

"I didn't know that I was a poet," I murmured to myself. I felt another presence behind me so I decided to look up to see who was there. "Zayn?"

"What are you doing out here?"

"I was going to ask the same question," I said as he joined me on the sand. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't sleep," he sighed.

"Then we've got the same problem,"

"Why couldn't you sleep?" he asked me. "You should rest...you almost drowned earlier,"

"There's no reason for why I should rest, Zayn," I rolled my eyes. When I found myself almost dying had got nothing to do with exhaustion. "And I didn't 'almost drown' I already drowned and you just saved me,"

"Then answer the question of why you couldn't sleep,"

"I guess I'm just thinking of some things," I shrugged. I really didn't know why something kept bugging me. "Maybe I'm just thinking of how I'm going to miss you guys when I leave,"

"You still got more time to think about this, Avarielle," I didn't look at him when he said that. I didn't want to be convinced of what he was going to say next. I knew he was going to talk me out of joining another gang.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want your life to be in danger?" I sighed once again. "It's as simple as that, Zayn. You've got something big going on ahead of you, I've got none. There's no waste if I throw my life away like continuing my life as a gang member,"

"Bu—"

"I'm used to my life living in the streets. I don't even deserve sleeping in the bed and sheets that you guys provided me because I've already done so many bad deeds in my life. I deserve being in a gang. I deserve to have my life in danger,"

"You deserve a life of happiness," he placed his hand on top of mine that was resting on the sand. "Maybe I'm not someone to give happiness but please let me say that maybe you deserve to be with me,"

"I don't get you, Zayn," I tried to pull my hand away from him but he took a grip on it and that made me look into his eyes.

"You deserve to be happy with me," he said. "Please give me a chance to show you what happiness feels like,"

"What do you mean?"

"This..." and then he leaned in, inch by inch, closer to my face.

And when I felt his lips landed on mine, I knew that this was the right place of happiness. Maybe he was right. I deserved to have a life with him.

But not everything went on that easily.