Chapter 13 - Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

Chapter 13 – Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

Because of female hormones, I found myself kissing him back. I didn't know why I did it because having a relationship with Zayn was the last thing that I wanted to do after all.

I knew that there was something inside me that wanted Zayn. There was something inside me that made we want to stay with One Direction and be together with Zayn. Although that feeling was faint, it was clear enough for me to feel it.

We pulled away, not because we got tired of making out, but it was because we needed to breathe. I was willing to bet that if humans didn't need oxygen, we would be kissing the whole night long.

"What did I just do?" I whispered, blaming the hormones because of what happened.

"You kissed me back," Zayn didn't smirk. He didn't even give me a grin. He smiled...like one of those cute boy smiles.

"I did, didn't I?" I looked at the ground, being more girly than my usual self.

I was headstrong but was someone like Zayn enough to make me feel like this? How was it possible for him to make me feel so...weak?

"We should sleep," I suggested. I didn't want to talk to him any further because I knew that if I stayed for even a minute, I would fall for him.

And that was what I wanted to avoid the most.

***

We were currently on our way home because from what I heard, the legendary Simon Cowell decided to call and asked for One Direction to come back to plan for their upcoming tour.

I pretty much expected that since they were a famous boy band. They were bound to get busy.

Zayn was beside me inside the van, everyone was looking at us, even Liam who called dibs on driving us all the way back. I was getting more and more uncomfortable because of their stares. It was like I grew a second head.

I looked at Zayn and saw that he was oblivious at the fact that everyone was staring at us.

"Ehem," I fake coughed for them to know that I could see them staring at me. They immediately removed their eyes on us and Liam managed to focus on the road whilst holding Danielle's hand who was sitting on the front seat.

"So...why are we so quiet?" I asked the obvious, hoping to get a good answer.

"Uh, it's nothing," Eleanor covered for everyone. "We're all just tired,"

"Everybody just woke up," I pointed out and that caught her off guard. "So what's the real deal, El?"

"Oh look!" Niall pointed outside the window. "A dancing iguana!"

"Really, Niall? A dancing iguana?" Zayn rolled his eyes. "That's the best you can do, mate?"

"I was going to say unicorn but I knew that we do not have one here in the country," Niall said and that made all of us look at him weirdly. I couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with his mind. He could have just told us some basic animals but no...he needed to blurt out some rare and mythical ones.

Well, I guessed Niall wouldn't be Niall without that nonsense of his.

If Niall said that because he was that desperate to not answer my question, I decided not to push it, knowing that they would just make excuses and distractions to avoid answering what I wanted them to answer.

"Anyways," Liam interrupted and everybody listened, even Louis and Harry who kept playing 'Flappy Birds' trying to beat each other's scores. "Simon said that we're going to his party later. We need to go since you know...it's Simon's party,"

"I don't want to go to an old man's party," Niall pouted.

"Come on, Niall," Harry said. "Simon's not old...or maybe he is...but not that old, you know?"

"There's not even a difference," I sighed. "Then I guess I'll have some time on my own," of course it was Simon Cowell's party, I didn't need to come.

"He said for you to come," that made me look at Liam in the rearview mirror.

"What did you just say?" I asked. Danielle didn't seem shock. Maybe she already knew what Liam was talking about. "He said for me to come? Are you insane? He doesn't know me!"

"We actually let it slipped..." Harry admitted.

"Don't worry though," Louis assured. "He was quite cool with it,"

"Quite cool?!" I yelled. "Are you guys insane?! That's Simon Cowell for fuck's sake! He didn't need to know of my existence!"

"Relax," Zayn comforted me by placing his arm around my shoulder and that made everybody inside the van to look at us.

"Look at her blush!" Louis literally pointed a finger at me then laughed his ass off. "Oh my God! I've got to take a picture of you blushing!"

"I am not!" I defended myself even though I knew that I was blushing pretty hard. I took a glance at Zayn and saw that he was silently laughing at me. I now got it. He was mocking me! That devil! "Remember what I am?"

This time, Louis stopped laughing and everybody tried to get back to their own businesses. I guessed me being a gang member really did have an impact.

Lucky me.

"Do I really have to go?" I whined like a little child.

"Yes, you do," Liam said. He knew of all the details since he was the one Simon talked to.

"I don't have anything to wear," I reasoned.

"Oh please," even though Danielle was on the front seat and the rest of us were at the back, I knew that she was rolling her eyes. "We bought a dress when we were at the mall, right?"

"The pink one?"

*Flashback*

"Look at that!" Eleanor exclaimed whilst she and Danielle dragged me inside a boutique. "It will look good on you!"

"It's perfect!" Danielle joined in too. Okay, I got to admit. I was very fond of these girls. They were fun to talk to. But dress up? It's obviously not my thing. I insisted on buying cheap clothes with the same style but they said that I'm a girl and I should look good all the time. I expected that since these two were freaking models. But I am no model material.

"Girls," I called their attention. "Don't you think there's something wrong with that dress?"

"There's nothing wrong with it," Eleanor examined the pink dress.

"Yes, there is," I argued. "It's the dress itself!"

"Oh, come on, Ava," Danielle told me. "Even though you came from a gang, you're still a girl. And girl, you would look good in this dress!"

"Yeah, right," I rolled my eyes at them. "Says who?"

"Says us!" Eleanor giggled. "And you're not the one who's paying. The boys insisted to pay,"

*End of Flashback*

"Are you really talking about that dress?" I asked Danielle.

"Of course," she responded.

I totally forgot about the pink dress that the girls bought me. I didn't want to think of the memory whilst buying it...even though I knew for myself that it fitted me well. As I said before, the dress fitted me like a glove but wearing it in public in a party of someone so famous...I knew that I would look horrible.

"Oh my God," I sighed. "I'm going to be Ms. Cotton Candy at Simon Cowell's party."