Chapter 9 - Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

Chapter 9 – Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

"I think I don't love her anymore, I think I like you,"

Zayn's words came back to me once again. I didn't know why, but they just came back. It was weird for me because when we met Perrie, his eyes held loneliness because of her, his eyes showed complete longing for his girlfriend. And after an hour, he said that he didn't have feelings for her anymore and that he liked me.

Something inside me tingled when he said those words. Even Eleanor and Danielle noticed that Zayn had no feelings for Perrie anymore. They even said that the way Zayn looked at me...it was the same way when Zayn looked at Perrie before.

Fuck.

I didn't want to think about it.

I really didn't want to fucking think about it.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. "Hey, Avarielle, you alright?" Zayn's voice muttered from the other side of the door.

"I-I'm fine," I just hated you for watching me fell on the floor, wrapped in a towel.

"What were you doing outside my room anyway?"

"I was planning to strangle you," I said bluntly.

"That's an obvious lie,"

"Then you just have to believe it," I said. "Just go back to your room and don't bother me. I need to get some rest,"

"Not until you tell me what you were doing outside my room,"

"I was fucking listening to your singing, okay?!" I whined. "Your voice was great that I couldn't stop myself from listening to your voice!"

What the hell?

Did I just fucking admit that I was lured by his voice?

"Thanks," I didn't know why, but I knew he was smiling outside the room. "Goodnight, Avarielle,"

"Goodnight, Malik,"

***

"Goodmorning, Malik," I yawned as I sat on the sofa. Zayn was making pancakes in his kitchen wearing his gray shirt and boxers. "What's up for today?"

"The lads didn't prepare something to do today," he answered as he flipped the pancake in mid-air. "When the lads, especially Louis and Harry don't plan something, expect the day to be boring,"

"How about you?" I asked him. "No date with your girlfriend?"

"Nope," he whispered, probably thinking about his confession the other day too. I tried to put that thought aside but he didn't. "Look, what I told you before, I'll tell it to you again now,"

"Don't!" I exclaimed. "I don't want to hear it!"

"Just hear me out," he placed the pancakes on the plates and served it on the dining table. I sat in front of him since I knew it would be rude not to eat the food that he just put an effort on. But nevertheless, I extremely avoided eye contact. "I'm not trying to push myself to you but what I told you was the truth. I don't know how it happened. One minute I was longing for Perrie's embrace, the next thing I know, I was missing your hand in mine."

"That's too cheesy," I narrowed my eyes at him.

"That's the truth," he said. "I'm no bad boy...well, I think of myself as one, but you don't..." he mumbled and I found it very cute. Wait. What? "But I'm honest,"

"You haven't known me for that long!" I said whilst stuffing my mouth with pancakes. "How can you even say that?!"

"That," he looked at me straight in the eyes. "...is a question that even I, need an answer,"

"I'm dangerous, Malik,"

"I know," he said. "You're a risk I'm willing to take, babe," he winked at me and found it very sexy. I meant...he was dead gorgeous and add the winking effect, it could melt any girl's heart. Uh, well, not mine anyways.

"Don't worry about your confusing feelings for me," I told him. "I'll be gone in a month. I realized that I wouldn't be able to escape my life. I need to might as well continue it after all."

"What?" I guessed that made him lose his appetite. Going back to becoming a gang member, I never told any of the lads about that. Eleanor and Danielle were the only ones who knew. "You're going to go back to that life?"

"It's my only means to survive," I said. "I don't have a choice,"

"You can stay with us, with me, as long as you want,"

"I can't do that,"

"Why not?" he asked. "Don't bother to answer. We're not letting you go back to being a gang member. Who knows what might happen to you? You already escaped the danger, Avarielle. Don't come crawling back to it!"

"I have no choice," I lost my appetite because of this argument too. Well, I guessed that made the two of us. "I've got to tell the lads," before he could even stand up, I reached for his hand.

"Don't," I begged. "Please,"

"Bu—"

"This is my choice," I looked at him as he was looking at me. "Please respect that,"

"I've got no say on this, right?" he asked.

"Not really," I shook my head.

"You're lucky that I like you,"

"Trust me," I sighed. "For once, I'm glad that you like me,"

"What the hell are you doing to my Ava?" Harry's voice boomed inside Zayn's flat. Harry ran towards us then made me stand up from sitting and pulled me away from Zayn since I was still touching his hand. "Don't touch her, you idiot!"

"But she was touching me!" Zayn whined.

Harry then hugged me, "How dare you! This is my lovely Ava. Just go all lovey dovey with your girlfriend! She's mine!"

"You've got such sister complex, Harold," Louis then came inside the flat.

"You guys are all here?" I asked them as Harry let me breathe by removing his arms all over me. "So today is not a boring day after all?"

"We don't want you to be bored since you're going away soon enough," he whispered to me with a tone of sadness in his voice. "We'll try to make every day like a special day, alright, love?"

"I love you, Harry!" I kissed his cheek and Niall and Liam came inside Zayn's flat lastly. "What do you have in mind today, lads?"

"You'll see," Niall grinned.