Well...Not Anymore: Chapter 5

**Thanks for the comments, they really do mean a lot! And the picture on the side is of Naomi, just so you know :) **

"Naomi Brown," a surprisingly masculine voice says from behind me the next morning as I'm standing by my locker, making me jump just a little bit.  No one ever approaches me at school, whether it be in private or in the middle of the hallways where anyone can see like right now.

Curious as to who it may be--I know it's not Lucas because of the voice--I pivot around and when I see the same brown eyes that looked at me yesterday, I feel just a bit of disappointment rise in me.  It's Drew Price yet again and this time he's flashing an obnoxiously charming smile at me, making two little dimples appear in his cheeks.

I'll give Drew this much:  he is pretty damn good looking.  While Lucas is just golden and perfect, Drew is brunette and has these obnoxiously cute but hot features that you can't help but stare at sometimes.  But Drew is also the guy in classes that can't keep his mouth shut when the teacher is trying to talk--one of my major pet peeves.  Sure what he says may be funny and all of that, but it still irritates the crap out of me when I miss some crucial fact just because he's goofing around.

Wondering what on earth he's coming up to me for, I hitch a dark eyebrow up at him and ask simply, "Yeah?"

His smile decreasing just a bit because he's realized that I'm not falling for his good looks--even if it does look like he made a special effort to look nice today--he says, "You're not a new student."

I roll my eyes at him, "No shit Sherlock.  I've been in classes with you for years."

He does look sincerely sorry, I'll give him that much, as he nervously scratches the back of his neck.  He says, "Sorry.  I honestly had no idea..."

He really does just keep digging himself a bigger and bigger hole every time he speaks.  It's almost kind of amusing.  Shedding off some of the hostility in my voice, I say, "Not really helping, you know?"

He gives a dry laugh, once again looking genuinely sorry that he's never paid me much attention before.  He says, "If it helps...my mom says that I do have my good qualities...they're just buried really deep."

This gets a giggle out of me, something that I think shocks even myself.  I know that this is what Drew is good at, at charming people until they're putty in his hands, but I can't help this nagging in my head that he's not out to get me.  

"I got a laugh!" he says excitedly, that once disappearing smile on his face coming back at full force.  He turns to face the other students in the hallway and when he sees a freshman girl quickly walking with her blonde hair covering much of her face, he says loudly to her, "I got her to laugh!"

"Quit!" I harp at him, instinctively grabbing at his arm and pulling him closer to the row of lockers so that he's not out harrassing poor little freshmen girls.  "You practically mortified that poor girl."

He chuckles, throwing a quick look over his shoulder towards the little blonde girl who's now practically sprinting the rest of the length of the hallway.  Once she's gone from sight he looks back at me and then, for some reason, his eyes look down at my arm.  But when I realize why, that it's because my fingers still have a good grip on his, of course, muscular arm, my cheeks start to burn what I know is a bright red.  

I immediately let go and then tuck my fingers into the front pocket of my skinny jeans so that they won't embarrass me again.  Thankfully Drew doesn't let the situation get any more awkward.  Instead he just asks me, "Who do you have next period?"

"Harrison for science, why?" I ask him confusedly.  Honestly, I'm still kind of reeling from the fact that one of the most popular and sought after guys in school is talking to me.  It's so out of the blue that it's confusing.  Is he talking to me just because I put in a little more effort with my appearance yesterday?  Is that the only reason?