G

~•~•~•

        "My name is Baekhyun, and I want to help you."

        The girl's eyes finally met Baekhyun as soon as he said that.

        What? she thought.

         Baekhyun knew that he somewhat gained a little bit of trust after making eye contact, so he dared himself, took one more step closer and crouched down. He still kept his distance though, he didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

        "Here," he put his still-hot coffee on the ground and slid it towards her. "Have this," He said. "It should help, even if it's just a little."

        The girl widened her eyes, he probably doesn't know who I am?  

        Baekhyun tried to read her eyes since she didn't respond, but he couldn't come up with anything.

        Maybe it's because...

        "I promise I only took two sips from it, if that's what you're worried about– Oh! Here, let me take off the cap." He did and then pushed the cup towards her once again.

        She opened her mouth, which made Baekhyun think she was gonna finally say something but instead a violent cough was what came out.

        Baekhyun stood on his knees, wanting to rub her back to comfort the cough, be he held himself. She might not like it.

        Finally, he stood up. "Okay, I'm going to go get something, please don't go anywhere. Unless you're going home, then yes– wait no. I need to make sure you're okay first."

        He bent down once again and made eye contact with her again. "I promise I'll be back." He smiled. "I'll even leave my wallet with you as proof. Here," He dug his wallet out from his back pocket and placed it right beside her. "Don't go anywhere." He smiled once again, and turned to leave the dark alley.

        Wait, I left all my money.

        Turning around, he jogged back and crouched down next to the girl again.

        "Well that was stupid," he said, referring to himself. "How could I forget that stores don't give you stuff for free, right?" He chuckled, as he slipped 30 dollars into his pocket.

        Before leaving, he handed her his wallet once again and ran out the alley.

        The girl stared at his back as he disappeared from her sight. Is he stupid or stupid?

        When Baekhyun arrived at door of Calor's Cafe, he immediately went inside and was once again greeted by a warm wave of heat that made his pink nose and cheeks tingle.

        This time, the place was not as full as it was the last time Baekhyun was there. "Hey, it's you again." Baekhyun's attention was grabbed when he heard Xiumin's voice. "Baekhyun, right?"

        Baekhyun smiled, "Yeah, it's me again."

        "Here for another cup? Damn, how fast did you drink the last one?" Xiumin smiled to himself, happy that Baekhyun was satisfied with what he had recommended for him.

        "I didn't, really. Not because I didn't like it, but because-" Baekhyun was well aware that he was getting distracted, so stopped himself because he knew someone out in the cold was waiting for him. "Long story, and I'm kinda in a hurry, sorry."

        "No problem, how can I help you?"

        "Can I get a water, and uh..." What drink would she like? "One large hot chocolate please."

        "One water and hot chocolate coming right up." Xiumin tinkered with the cash register as he spoke. "Here is your bottled water and- Lay, one large hot choc!"

        What if she's hungry? "Hey, could you add one of those giant cookies you have over there." Baekhyun pointed towards the glass counter to the cookie he wanted. "Also, you don't happen to be still selling fresh bagels, right?" It was really late, and usually bagels were only sold in the morning.

        "No, but for a friend we'll make it happen." Xiumin saw how Baekhyun seemed anxious and he wanted to help his new friend as much as possible. Seven minutes later, Baekhyun's order was ready. He hurriedly paid and grabbed his things.

        "Oh my gosh, thank you so much." Baekhyun knew that Xiumin, despite just starting to know him, had tried to be quick and he appreciated that.

        "No problem, man. Now go, I hope whatever you're dealing with turns out alright."

        As Baekhyun hurried out, he couldn't help but think of the girl and how she must still be waiting. I took too long, and the air feels colder than before. Baekhyun wanted to punch himself for not giving her his jacket, as he thought about how she was only wearing that thin hoodie.

        Come on legs, run faster.

        Baekhyun ignored the false tears that were forming in his eyes, due to the wind and low temperature. He finally saw the corner of the building that was next to the alley way.

        He took a sharp turn towards the dark pathway, and accidentally stepped into a deep puddle where his foot, from toe to ankle, got wet from the almost freezing water.

        Baekhyun didn't even bother taking his foot out, in fact he almost didn't feel the water the seep through his black converse and wool socks. He could only focus on his what he saw in the dark, misty, thick-aired alley; in which there was nothing.

"She's gone."

~ ~ ~

vote, comment, stay beautiful