A

~•~•~•

Giving up, Mina sighed and look up towards him. "You wanna talk? Fine. Let's talk then."

~

Mina looked back behind her to make sure Baekhyun was still following her. Sure enough, he was, at a respectable distance even. Still looking back as she trotted her away around the coffee shop building, she didn't seem to realize that she was staring at him.

Having noticed, Baekhyun smiled at her reassuringly. Mina felt a bothersome feeling by his action and turned back around. Weirdo, she mentally scoffed.

When she took a last turn, Baekhyun realized that it was the alley from last night. As he interrogated the case of why they were hidden from public, he bluntly asked, "So is this gonna be our secret hideout or something?"

Mina showed her resentment towards the idea through the duo of her eyes and brows. What the actual f– 

"Or maybe you're a spy. Wait–" He then suddenly gasped, "Are you Russian?" Vexation was the only word that Baekhyun could use to describe Mina's expression, as hers eyes continued to throw daggers at him. "Joking. Totally joking." He mumbled.

"I don't have time to joke around, so you better stop being so. . ." she was suddenly at a loss of words.

"Being so what?" Baekhyun waited for her to finish, gazing at her with eyes that were tinted with a foreign facade.

Why is he looking at me like that? Mina's mind was flustering, as it couldn't decipher anything at the moment. Stop looking at me with that stupid demeanor. "Just– stop, okay? Forget it."

"Stop what–"

"I said forget it!" Mina shouted a little loudly. Last thing she wanted was people– her people– to find her with someone like Baekhyun. "Okay, start talking. I can't be here for long."

Baekhyun stayed a few seconds before saying anything. "What do you want to talk about?"

Mina couldn't handle this anymore. He has got to be f*cking kidding me. She wasn't for any more bullshit. "Don't ever approach me again or I'll kick your ass." She began walking away.

        I'm not about to waste my time with a dumbass like him—

"How are you feeling?" Baekhyun voiced lucidly. He hadn't meant to tick her off.

Mina stopped in her tracks, not taking another step. Of course this is about last night. "Fine." She grumbled to herself.

A sudden touch was felt on her shoulder, which her body abruptly stiffening to the heat. "Fine, you said?" The boy huffed, his breath becoming visible.

How did he get so close so fast?Shrugging off his fingers, she took a step further from him with outlooking at his face. "Yes, I'm okay. See? I'm not coughing anymore." Baekhyun stood there, blinking at her with a calm look. It was as if he was waiting patiently for something. "You know, it's not nice t–" Mina's words came to a halt when she felt the familiar tickle in her throat.

After turning around and bringing up her elbow to cover her mouth, Baekhyun reached his hand out and rubbed her upper back to help relax her cough. But Mina backed even farther away from him, not wanting to accept the feeling she got from it.

"You are anything but okay. Have you seen a doctor about this?" Baekhyun exclaimed. Seeing as how she kept backing away from him, he decided to keep his distance.

"No." She responded.

"How come?"

"I don't need one." There was much more bitterness in her voice now.

"Are you sure?" This boy just doesn't know when to stop, Mina thought.

"Yes." She muttered through clenched teeth.

"How long–"

"Shut up."

"What?"

"I said, shut up." Mina repeated.

"I–"

"It's none of your damn business." Her voice was low but piercing enough to actually make him quiet. "I'm alive, aren't I? You helped me, and I've acknowledged that. If you wanna show off to the world how good of a person you are, then that should be enough for you, right?"

Baekhyun was puzzled. That's not with this is about.

"Then, what is it about?" Mina couldn't hold in her voice anymore. He hadn't realized that what thought of was spoken out loud.

Before Baekhyun could open his mouth to speak, a tone began to ring. Recognizing it as her own, Mina dug in her pocket to fetch her phone out. When she saw the caller ID she cursed to herself, "Shit," she muttered.

Baekhyun stood with his hands, which were uncomfortably hot, shoved in the pockets of his jacket, as he watched Mina's expression become tighten up when she held the phone to her ear.

"No. Yes, I'll be there." The girl answered. "Yeah. Nothing. No one. No." Her voice suddenly rose again. "What the hell? I said I'm not with anyone." She was quite for a few seconds before her skin went pale. She turned to her right and looked up, her eyes becoming fearful.

Baekhyun could feel that something was wrong, so he trotted his a way next to her to try and see what she was looking at. But he couldn't find anything odd.

"I got it." Mina said with a clenched fist. "Yes. Yes sir." With that, she ended the call.

Baekhyun turned back to her almost immediately, "Is everything alright?" She didn't answer. Instead, Mina began walking away. This time, with the serious intent of never seeing him again. "Mina." Baekhyun called.

Hearing her name sent a ring of chaos through one drum but it didn't come out the other. But it was't a bad kind of chaos. It was more like when your ears turn red and your afraid someone is gonna be able to tell that you're embarrassed and then you go into panic. Except there no panic, just a turbulent feeling that was ironically pleasant.

Mina turned, still walking but slowly and backwards. "I'm seri–" Her irritable coughs cut her words. "D-don't– follow me." She said, roughly trying to get her words out as she continued to cough. He better listen this time.

Baekhyun, who was able to make out her words, stayed back this time. Normally, he would've continued to pursue a person who was refusing help, no matter how annoying he might be. It was so his heart could be at ease and knowing that one more person in the world was feeling better, helped give him that contentment.

But for some reason, she made him pause. There was a look in her eyes, an emotion that he couldn't pinpoint but with staring back at those dilated pupils made him know that she was screaming for help. He didn't understand how, but he just knew. His next words blew him away.

"Okay. I'll leave you alone."

•~•~•~

Vote, comment, stay beautiful.