B

"Okay. I'll leave you alone."

~

drip.

drop.

The rain was finally coming to an end.

Mina closed the door of the apartment building that she lived in silently so that no one would hear her. She trudged towards the ugly, beaten up staircase while cursing mentally. Since when was my apartment on the 4th floor?

Sighing in defeat as she looked up, she decided it was best not to complain. The pain from getting battered up was already excruciating. There was no need to add anything negative to it.

Sure, she was a hundred percent certain that she looked absolutely horrifying, her eye was black, and that she probably won't be able to speak properly tomorrow from her busted lip, but she was alive, and that matters right?

If only. But I managed to put another son of a bitch where he belongs, so that's good.

During the last few steps, she knew that the only thing that's keeping her going was will-power alone. She then collapsed onto the cold blocks of the floor in front of her door. Motivation to continue to head inside had completely vanished, so she laid down outside. Hey, at least I'm not in anyone's way.

The side that she was laying on had started to become numb from the coldness, a few minutes later. Still, the girl was in no way even thinking about getting up. She appreciated the numbness that came with it since it helped ease the pain. She was actually starting to drift off into a slumber. That was, until she started coughing.

She whimpered as her body shook with every hack. She had already been throbbing everywhere, she didn't need anything else to add to it.

Please stop, she cried out to her body in her mind. With every cough, she would become more and more lightheaded as her head continuously kept hitting the floor. At one point she had practically lost her entire breath. The frog in her throat ceaselessly hopped from one water lilypad to another.

Stop. Mina was now on her scraped knees, holding her throat with one and using the other one to support herself. Is this the end for me? Her vision became blurry but the one thing she could still picture was the boy. They were gonna go after him. He was innocent but they were still gonna go after him.

I can't let that happen, Mina thought, as her coughs settled down. I have to keep an eye on him, I have to warn him, I have to. . .

She dropped back down to the floor, but it was no longer cold like before. Wheezing and trying so hard to get oxygen into her lungs, she continued to fight. I have to.

"Baekhyun." Her eyes then finally gave up.

~

Baekhyun's breath was stuck in his throat as he held Mina's limp body in his arms.

Why is she at my apartment?

"Baekhyun." She had muttered, and then she was completely out.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God." It took everything within him to not panic like he did the first time he saw her in this state. "Mina, wake up, please." He tried to shake her a bit. Baekhyun caressed her swollen cheek as he looked down horrified at the condition she was in.

He swallowed the lump in his throat. Get a grip, Baek.

Lowering down his head to her chest, Baekhyun placed his ear where her heart should be placed. I hear a heartbeat. He then placed two fingers under her jaw, on her neck. I can feel one too.