The sorting

Early the next morning, Percy, Leo, and Nico headed to the stables with small bags holding a few possessions and some extra clothes.
Yo, boss. Blackjack said to Percy. What's happening?
"Hey, Blackjack." Percy said. "We're just about to go to England.
I know boss. I'm one of the pegasi you'll be ridin'.
"Really? That's great! How many pegasi are coming?"
Six of us. We'll take turns carrying you demigods.
"Percy! We gonna go or not?" Leo shouted. He and Nico had already mounted and we're waiting for Percy.
He climbed onto Blackjack's back, and they soared off towards the wizard school.
During the flight, Percy reminisced earlier that morning before the others had gotten up. He had gone to Chiron to ask why he had been volunteered for the quest.
"My dear boy, you need something to do. You need something to take your mind off of Annabeth's disappearance. We will continue the search for her of course, but..." he paused, "but you should also keep an eye out for her at Hogwarts. She may be held captive there, somewhere. Not definitely, but it is a possibility." Percy's hopes had risen. "She might be there? Where? How do I find her?"
Chiron held up a hand. "I do not know. It may not be possible to find her there. I have hope that you might find her there though. But remember: she isn't necessarily there. Don't get discouraged if you don't find her."
Percy had agreed to not put too much effort into looking for her there, but it was an empty promise he knew he couldn't keep. If there was a possibility of rescuing Annabeth, he would put his entire being into it, just like she had for him.
Percy eventually fell asleep during the long ride. He slumped against Blackjack, and only woke up when they changed pegasi. Soon they were at Hogwarts. A couple of students in black robes that looked like they were only eleven years old gawked at them as they were landing. They headed directly to the headmaster who was standing waiting for them.
"Are you Albus Dumbledore?" Percy asked him.
"I am." He said. "And you three are the... ahem... American exchange students?" He questioned with a twinkle in his eye.
"Yes. We are." Percy replied.
"Follow me please. Dinner is going to start in a few minutes." They walked behind him to a huge dinner hall. Nobody was there yet except for the teachers. They were given chairs by Dumbledore's seat, and they sat and waited for dinner.
A few minutes later, tons of students ranging from eleven to seventeen poured in, chatting loudly. People started to notice the three unfamiliar faces at the teacher's table, and whispered to their neighbors. All seats were filled soon, and Dumbledore stood. The hall went silent.
"I would like to make an announcement before dinner begins. For the first time ever in Hogwarts history, we have some exchange students. They are from America, and will be staying with us the rest of the school term."
Excited whispers resumed in the hall.
"They of course will be sorted into houses like a normal student would be." Dumbledore continued, raising his voice over the hubbub. A professor brought a stool and a large, dusty hat to the front.
"My name is Professor McGonagall. When I call your name, please come forward, and you will be sorted into a house. The houses are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin."
Percy, Nico, and Leo exchanged glances.
"Di Angelo, Nico." She called. Nico turned red and sank down in his chair a little. Then with a nudge from Leo, he stood up and walked over to the stool. He sat down, and before the hat was even fully on his head it shouted, "Gryffindor!" One of the four long tables cheered, and Nico awkwardly walked over to sit with them. There were a few open chairs by a redheaded boy with a lot of freckles, a guy with overgrown, shaggy black hair, green eyes and glasses, and a girl with frizzy hair. Nico slid in beside them and turned to watch his friends get sorted.
"Jackson, Perseus." Percy stood and walked calmly over to the stool. He sat down, and the hat shouted a foot above his head.
"Gryffindor!!!" Heads turned as people whispered. That was an incredibly fast sorting. The hat hadn't even touched his head!
Percy sat down in a chair next to Nico.
"Valdez, Leo." Leo stood up, probably having to concentrate hard to keep from bursting into flames. He strolled to the stool and perched on it. The hat barely grazed him and shouted, "Gryffindor!!!" one last time. Leo slipped into a chair next to Percy. All three exchange students had been sorted into Gryffindor.