Learning the spells

"I'm really sorry about Harry." Hermione apologized. "He isn't usually like this." They were sitting in the comfy armchairs in the Gryffindor common room. 
Percy shrugged. "I shouldn't have gotten so angry with him. If I'd just let him..."
"Let him insult you, let him think he's the most important person in the world, and fake pity for him as he brought back awful memories of... of some of your awful experiences?" Leo asked, almost slipping and mentioning Tartarus in front of the wizards.
"Yeah. That I guess, although I don't know if he would've gone so far." Percy looked questioningly at Ron and Hermione.
"He's had a bit of a temper lately. It happened a lot last year. I think being 'the chosen one' has gotten to his head a little. That and he has nightmares a lot. He might've gone even farther, honestly."
"Nightmares? I know the feeling." Percy said.
"Not like the ones he has, I doubt. His are often things that are actually happening. Like visions of what You Know Who is doing." Ron said.
"I'm not going to say You Know Who. It's kind of silly to me. I mean, no offense of course!" Percy quickly said. "I'm just not really afraid of him, not having ever met him or seen him or anything. I'll just say his name."
"Percy." Nico reminded him. "Remember names have power."
"Nico, this isn't... oh, never mind." Percy gave up. "Ok... I guess I'll call him You Know Who. I can't even remember his name anyways."
"Voldemort." Leo said. "Or was is Moldyvort? One of the two."
"It was the first one." Hermione said quickly.
"Then that's what I'll call him." Percy said.
"I thought you said you would call him You Know Who." Ron said.
"Changed my mind." Percy replied.
"You know," Hermione commented, "I think you and Harry are really similar. That might be why you butted heads so badly."
Just then, the portrait of the fat lady opened. Harry came through. He had a slightly sheepish look on his face. He walked into the center of the room.
"I need to apologize. Percy, I'm sorry I got so mad at you earlier. You didn't know how strongly I felt about what has happened to me in the past, and I didn't know how strongly you felt. I guess... well, I guess we kind of got of on the wrong foot. Friends?" He held out a hand. Percy shook it. "Friends."
Harry smiled uncertainly, as did Percy. Harry went to sit in an armchair.
Hermione smiled. "I'll be right back. I have to go get my books." She ran up the left set of stairs and returned with a book-laden bag. "I've got to finish my homework."
After a few hours of chatting, Ron and Harry went up the right set of stairs, to the boy's room, to sleep. Hermione was still working on homework, and Nico, Leo, and Percy were still in the common room. Eventually it was just them and Hermione.
"Hermione?" Percy asked.
"Yes?" She said looking up from her books.
"I- we- need help. At our... school... in America, we, erm, don't really learn magic. Like, they don't teach us any spells or anything." He rushed. "We don't really know the basics. We only used our wands like twice the whole school year last year."
"You want me to teach you?" Hermione asked.
They nodded.
"Well alright then. Get out you wands please." They dug around in their pockets and each pulled out their wands. "Oh my. I see." Hermione said. "What?" Leo asked. "We haven't even started yet!"
"Yes, well you see you aren't holding them right." They all winced. "Wow they really don't teach you much at your school. What is your school called by the way?"
"Well... its uh... not really a school as much as a camp... we... erm... just call it..." Percy faltered.
"Wizard Camp!" Nico blurted.
"Yeah! Exactly what I was going to say!" Percy agreed.
Hermione gave them a strange look. "If you say so... I suppose."
She whipped out her wand and started to teach them the basics. To her surprise, they were incredibly good for wizards who had barely even held a wand before.
"Well I must say, you are pretty good for beginners." She complimented them.
"Thanks." Nico said, concentrating mostly on keeping several pillows up. "Wingardium Leviousar!" Leo said, swishing and flicking his wand. "Leviousa." Hermione corrected.
"Oh, ok then. Wingardium Leviousa." The pillows he was practicing with flew up in the air.
"Alright. We can practice more tomorrow night." Hermione said.
"Oh, really quickly," Leo said, his pillows plummeting to the floor, "what's a spell to summon fire?"
Hermione gave him a questioning look. "Why do you want to know that one?" She asked.
"Um... fire's always interested me. Oh and is there one to make you flameproof?"
"Of course. Why don't I teach you that one tomorrow." She said, yawning. "I need to get some sleep. "We've got Defense Against the Dark Arts tomorrow. That's one of my favorite classes. We have a new teacher too. The other one left last week." She headed upstairs to her bed. Percy, Nico, and Leo did the same. As they climbed into their beds, each wondered what the wizarding world would hold in store for them.