01: l i b r a r y.

Any woman can look her best if she feels good in her skin. It's not a question of clothes or makeup. It's how she sparkles.
- Sophia Loren.

"Hi. I don't know where the library is. Uh, can you show me where it is?" The words flowed out of my mouth, forming a rather perfect and confident sentence in the process in an attempt to ask the blonde girl who was, I noticed, staring at me. But deep down, I was nervous and fearful. Afterall, it was my first day in this school.

The girl's, bleached, golden hair, which remarkedly reminded me of uncooked spaghetti was shining under the sunlight penetrating the windows. As for her skin, it glowed with pride. It glowed out of injustice, like it absorbed the maximum light of heaven, contrasting with my skin colour.

But I was okay with that. Or at least, I was still trying to be okay with my own skin colour. It's sad actually, seeing extra efforts being done for people to understand that dark skinned people are human beings too.

What's even more sad is we, dark people, fail to love ourselves because of the colour of our skin. Because in the end, our flesh and blood remains, more or less, the same colour and this is what will be left of us once our skin will decay someday.

The girl just observed me from head to toe for some seconds. I didn't have a lot of trouble to understand her facial expressions - it was a mix of disgust and anger. She then caressed her skin softly with her fingers, almost appearing like she was thanking God for creating her that way instead of like me.

Though all of these should've bothered me enormously, she opted to shake my world by opening her mouth, "Why do you have dark skin?"

.
.
.
.
.

as i mentioned in the previous chapter, changes are being made so that the plot gains strength. and as you can see, i have added peculiar details. leveling up the game, you know.

it is essential for you to note that many black people are bullied because of their skin, by white people. this does not mean every single white you meet is a bad person. some people are sick, as in freaking stupid and narrow-minded. it is the same as a dark skinned bullying someone alike (with the same skin colour) for other reasons. it doesn't mean that every black person is bad.

this world is full of good and bad persons. don't let one bad creature make you stop believe in the good.

thank you. x
- em.