09: a m b u l a n c e.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt.

I walked to my last class, Physics, with my books in my hands. Would it sound cruel if I stabbed the books with sharp knives, despite my claim that I have always been a dedicated booklover? I hated Physics!

Meanwhile, Qiana had Chemistry and the fact that I would be all alone in this class terrified me. I felt my heartbeats accelerate in my chest and it was just a matter of time before my blood-pumping organ popped out and fell to the ground. Honestly, if that happened, it wouldn't surprise me if people would rather step on my heart and crush it instead of getting an ambulance.

But I had to be strong. I knew that I could be strong but was strength all that I needed to face the students of this school? My mind knew that this cruel world demanded more than strength, especially with my skin colour being the highlight of problems.

I took a deep breath and stepped into the class. There wasn't any teacher yet and the whole class was yelling in happiness. Here I thought I was be late due to my slow, reluctant, footsteps.

I glanced around quickly before I finally took the seat in the first row. I was just trying to avoid any form of attention by walking to the more crowded areas of the class. But that was practically impossible since right away, Claire walked in.

Seeing me, she let an evil grin crawl on her flawless face, displaying the message that this would end badly. "Look who's here!" She exclaimed with a squeaky, irritating, overexcited tone. "Our dark skin, friends!"