14: p u p p y.

If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
- Mo Willems.

Stepping in the lab, I saw the two persons who I disliked a lot - Sebastian and Claire. They were licking each others' faces like hungry puppies and the sight was pretty more than disgusting. They were too busy to notice my presence and it made me feel happy and safe. But then, I'd rather them noticing me and stop being so, absolutely,
kissy-kissy-everwhere-and-anytime.
At the same time, I hoped that maybe the second day of school would prove to be a sign for the good days to come.

Maybe.

As I walked to my seat, I could feel glares on me but I jgnored it. I had to. I couldn't yell at the ones trying to provoke a reaction because the consequences would be too harsh. Soon, the chemistry laboratory was full of students, hiding me from glares and occasional insults.

"Tell me why," I begged Qiana who was too keen to keep me in suspense. She wouldn't tell me why I was the one who was being bullied when she clearly dropped hints that she knew why.

"Sometimes, you need to see the bigger picture. That's how you'll be able to discover yourself," she said as she scribbled some answers in her book. She then giggled, "I won't say anything more, Julia. Stop this puppy eyes thing!"

I let a small smile crawl on my face. I had to discover myself. In other words, find out about myself. Well, that was helpful. The thought was quite adventurous, reminding me about Taylor Swift's music videos. However, I knew that Qiana would end up telling me why in the minutes to come.

And I was right. But the moment one word slipped out of her mouth, someone else's words cut through it.

"Hey dark skin!" Claire snapped me out of my thoughts.

Not again, I mentally groaned.