Prologue

7:00 am
It's 7 o'clock in the morning and as I got ready for school, my mom bursts in my room scaring the living daylight out of me.

"Guess what!?!"

"It's Tuesday morning and your acting like a lunatic." I say sarcastically.

"No, even better." She takes a slight pause as if she's waiting for me to ask what.
After I don't say anything, she says,"I just got my tenth follower on Instagram!" She says this with a wide smile.
Slowly, I started smiling. My mom was very enthusiastic about a stupid follower.

"Mom, you know I love you, but Instagram is stupid and is for people who want attention." I say.

"Say what you want Kayla." She says as she walks out of my room.

I've never really understood social media. All the double tapping for likes and following someone. Didn't your parents teach you to be a leader not a follower? Yet these social networks are advertising this. I never had an eye open for this stuff, but my mom adores it.
Also, people use the crap to spread out false info. If you're going to post something at least let it be true. The kids at my school always have their noses stuck in their phones because of it. It's like it's hypnotizing them to get more followers and likes than the person beside them. Last but not least, it's a total waste of time. You're basically forgetting about the world around you and living inside a world that's crammed into your little phone. In the end, it's stupid.

What a way to start the morning. I think to myself as I throw on a pair of jeans and a tshirt. I grab my backpack as I headed out the door to start the day.

A/N Vote and Comment!

I hope you guys like this book, because I think I may have a good story at hand. Please vote and comment. Chapter 1 is on the way and if you have any feedback I will be willing to take it. Thanks for reading the prologue! Be looking for more updates!

~midnight_misfit~