Chapter 11

I pace back and forth in my living room, waiting for my 3 extra people to arrive. The tickets to the show trembled in my hand.

Tonight is the night of the Shortys and I am super nervous for what was about to happen.

My mom walks into the living room and scans my outfit.

"Looks like you made the right decision." She says.

"I went with what felt right to me." I say with a smile.

Then, I hear a knock on my door. I rush to the door and open it to see Alexa and the two random girls, Stephanie and Emily. They all are dressed in the same rhinestone covered dressed but in different colors.

"Do you know that we have to leave now in order to get there in time?" Alexa says. She gives a disgusted look at my bunny printed pajamas.

"About that...I'm not going to the Shortys." I say and hand the to tickets to her.

She gives me a blank stare and laughs. "You can't be serious."

"I'm serious. Also, for the fourth ticket..." I say as Claire comes around the corner dressed in one of the matching dresses.

"She is definetely not coming with us." Alexa says and I nod my head and say, "Somebody has to except my award just in case I win."

Alexa looked as if she were about to cry.

"I am not walking the red carpet with her. I was supposed to be the best friend of a social media guru!" She says in a pouty voice.

Then, Violet's car pulls up beside the curb. I see my real friends get out of the car. It took lots of begging to get them to agree to come over.

"What is this about?" Jasmine says as they walk up.

"I decided not to go to the Shortys. I would rather stay home with my real friends than go with my fake friends." I say and I see a smile spread across Miranda's face. My friends give me a huge hug and for once, I knew that I did the right thing.

"Have fun!" I say and close the door after my friends come into the house with me.

"How about some ice cream and we can watch the Shortys on tv?"
----------------------------------------------
Short chapter but I think the book ended well. I will be posting an epilogue soon so stay tuned.
~midnight_misfit~