i i

Alessandra »

My mom once told me that the people who you love the most will hurt you the most, but I don't recall her ever beating the life out of my body.

My eyes fluttered open and my vision met white sand, my hearing sung to by the crashing of waves. My whole body was stiff as I stood up weakly, my bones cracking in places I didn't even know could.

Most of the cracks came from my knees and my spine but they also ached the most. I winced as a spike of pain shot through my elbow but my mind was quickly drawn from my body to my surroundings.

Rustling sounded behind me and I turned around, facing a small brush lining the beach's shore and I walked towards the noise. Tall trees stood above me, a jungle behind the brush and I sighed softly, shaking my head doubtfully and walking into the bushes.

Small whispering and little footsteps came from the jungle and I ran in after, nearly running into a patch of black thorns that oozed out a black liquid. I maneuvered towards the thorns and looked closely at the weird plant.

"Don't wanna get pricked by those bloody suckers." A British accent sounded behind me and I jumped, nearly touching a thorn and bringing my hand into my body and turning around.

I faced a tall, rather handsome boy with vibrant green eyes and a light brown hair. 

"Who are you? How did you get on this island?" the British boy feathered questions and I chewed my lip, "But what happened to your face did you wrestle with a bloody crocodile?"

"M-My name is Alessandra and I don't really know. But I was beaten by some people..." I answered truthfully and he grabbed my arm softly and brought me back to the beach.

"Here Love, I'll help," He whispered and hovered his hand across my face, "there you go. Let's go to camp and get to know you better huh?"

"What camp? I never even caught your name." I noted and he smiled.

"I'm Pan. Peter Pan."

"Like the handsome boy that flies around and is the king of an island called Neverland?" I asked and he furrowed his eyebrows, "who searches for Lost Boys who's always dressed in green and has a little red feather in his hat... That Peter Pan?"

"This is Neverland and there's Lost Boys but I don't rule the land as a king and I don't know how you know me," Pan stated with a stern glare, "and don't ever call me Peter... call me Pan." 

"Alright... Pan." I kicked a pebble and he grabbed my arm, picking us up and I began to freak when we reached nearly 20 feet. I clutched onto his body for dear life, his soft chuckle calming my nerves a bit despite his previous authoritative mood swing.

"Don't be afraid Love." He whispered and set us back on the ground when we reached a large camp. I've never loved the earthy ground more after our feet made contact with the dirt.

I saw a few boys run around with swords or bow and arrows, my eyebrows furrowing until I was brought back from my thoughts from Pan's voice, "don't fret. They're just training".

"Training?" I looked up at the British boy and he chuckled again, "For what?"

"For safety. Come alone Love you'll be staying in my hut until they build you one." He placed his hand on the small of my back and leaded me to a rather large hut that was the biggest of them all.

He sat me at the edge of his bed and I looked around, looking back at him and seeing him hold a pile of fresh clothes. Looking down at my dirty ones, I sighed and looked back at him, "I'll step out so you can change".

He left the room and I quickly changed into the new fabrics, amazed of how they fit so well. I mentally thanked Pan for giving me the appropriate attire for the hot, humid weather.

Looking at a dusty mirror, I observed the tight muscle shirt and shorts. My combat boots were comfy on my feet and I spotted a comb, grabbing it and taking down my ponytail and combing my messy hair before quickly braiding the blonde mop.

I sighed and his scent filled the room, alerting my senses, "no need to freak Love it's just me".

"You scared me, Pan." I observed my boots and he chuckled softly.

"Come along. I have to show you things." Pan used a tone in his voice that was more demanding than questionable. I nodded in obedience and he smirked softly, placing his large hand on the small of my back as he led me out his door.

The hot heat engulfed my body and I bit my lip, hoping I wouldn't sweat around Pan. That'd be utterly disgusting. Boys were chanting and circling a large, lit bonfire and a mischievous smile latched onto Pan's lips as he pulled out a small flute-like instrument and blew into it's multiple pipes. His green eyes flashed up into mine as no sound came from the woodwind. My eyebrows laced in confusion and he pulled the broken wood pipes away from his pink, puffy lips.

"Do you not hear it's music?" He asked and I shook my head, "you must still feel wanted by your family".

"No!" I blurted out, "I don't!" Words flew out of my mouth like birds from an open cage, my mind racing with more and more words.

Pan's slender fingers brushed a lock of loose hair away from my face, "don't worry. In no time you'll hear it's tunes and be a part of our family".

His eyelids blinked and his eyes seemed darker, my body quivered under his touch and he smirked, placing his hand on the small of my back once more, "let's go Love, we've got some talking to do".

A few little boys surrounded us and pulled at the bottoms of my shirt.

"Who are you and how did you get here? Where you do you come from?" The 2nd shortest boy with black hair and striking blue eyes asked before he shoved his right thumb into his mouth.

"Alessandra and I-" I introduced myself, Pan's British accent overpowering mine.

"The lady's name is Alessandra. And she came from an evil, faraway land where I rescued her and brought her here, giving her the family she always wanted," Pan smirked proudly.

The little boy was surprised but then squealed in delight, "oh she's oh so beautiful Pan!" 

"I know." Pan winked at the small boy and I crouched down to his height and he turned his small head to me.

"What's your name?" I asked softly.

"Wesley. Most boys here calls me Wes," Wesley mumbled shyly and I gave him a warm smile, his childhood aura radiating innocence.

"Jake!" Pan called a thin, black-haired boy over to him and spoke to him alone as Lost Boys surrounded me, introducing themselves.

Three fingers tapped my shoulder and I turned around to face a rather handsome boy; tall, blonde hair with ocean blue eyes and a soft smile.

"Hey... my name is Jared. Where'd you come from?" The boy asked me with a laid back tone.

"America?" I responded in a questioning tone as if I was confused at the question.

"Well it's time for bed," Pan interrupted firmly and I furrowed my eyebrows, "you should head to your treehouse before the lights are put out. Training will start in the morning."

"But I don't have one!" I cried out in confusion and he turned his back to me with a chuckle.

"Then I guess you better start building one." He climbed up the ladder to his treehouse and shut the door behind him. I shivered and sauntered over to the bonfire that was slowly beginning to die, just like my hopes for being able to escape this seemingly horrid dream.

This so-called 'Neverland' wasn't normal. This haze of confusion wasn't normal. Peter Pan wasn't normal. Perhaps when I wake up this whole world was just a fantasy in my conscious.