x x i

Alessandra »

After finding Simon's cage yesterday I felt an odd despair boiling deep down inside of my soul throughout the night, half of me crying out and the other half in anger.

I had an offset relationship with the sleek black bow and quiver set that I hated so much but never hesitated to take it with me everywhere I went, Pan's gift being a weird attachment to who I was now.

Sneaking out of camp while the Lost Boys were training, my eyes caught Pan's own eyes stalking my every move as I ventured every footstep towards the forest. Turning back around to have one last stare-down with him, I snapped out of the trance and headed into the thick trees.

Every time I stepped into these woods it seems its for the sole purpose of finding Simon nowadays, spending days encircling the same footsteps on the same island over and over again.

Occasionally stopping to take drinks from stray leafs that have gathered puddles of water on it's cupped pads and updating new drawings and traces on my handmade map I decided to make when I first started searching, I found myself retracing spots I have already intricately gone over before.

Starting up again, I walked about a thousand feet or so before I started to get an odd feeling in my gut, my head snapping to the left as I quickly drew my bow and arrow in sync.

I could hear my own heartbeat in the silence of the woods around me as my eyes settled on white and thick, nail-like scratch marks trailing down the trunk of a tree: Lurkers.

Exhaling slowly as I waited to hear stray sounds around me and heard none, I retracted my weapons and returned them to their rightful positions on and across my back. I knew I was never alone in these woods even in the daytime; whether it were Pan or Rogue Lurkers.

"Simon, Simon, Simon," I whispered to myself as the columns of trees seemed never-ending as I continued my trek, "where are you?"

The day droned on as I wandered aimlessly through the forest and I began to lose hope knowing this was just another one of Pan's games and that Simon is truly safe back at camp somewhere and he just wants me to succumb to his power.

I chewed on my lip nervously and almost missed the quiet snap of a twig from behind me, a chill running up my spine and I turned around, drawing my weapon once again and my arrow pointing right at Simon's face.

My breath faltered as I stared into his empty eyes, dark sleep deprivation circles drastically accentuating his face, his chest rising up and down in despair, his skin slick from sweat.

My heart thumped as he began to step forwards slowly, his jaw gaping as he studied me, his hands raising to show submission as I kept my grasp on my arrow tight, almost releasing before I remembered something horrific: his bloody cage.

The Simon in front of me, his skin was untouched, so who's blood was it?

Exhaling silently, I stepped back, waiting for his reaction and not receiving one, swallowing a lump in my throat. My heart dropped when I heard him whisper, "please help me."

A Rogue Lurker, and they are never alone.

"Okay," I remained in a hostile stance, retracting my bow slowly and the creature in front of me began to step forwards, at a faster pace than before, "but not now."

My arms quickly tightened once more and I aimed, releasing the arrow and watching it pierce it's chest, it's eyes rolling back into it's head and it's skin losing all color and turning white as it collapsed to the ground.

Growls erupted in the distance and as I took off, I reset my bow across my back, my legs bolting across the uneven and rocky terrain as I neared the cliffs.

I could see the creatures running at superhuman speed behind me, a cliff ahead in the distance and I ran even faster as they caught up dangerously close. Just before the edge of the cliff, I got down and slid on my butt, catching myself on a stray vine hanging from the side of the cliffside and swung into an overhang just below.

I heaved as I watched the creatures pummel to their deaths in the bluffs below, the waves of the vast ocean crashing angrily against the rocks, easily able to snap their spines.

Catching my breath, I turned around and nearly collapsed after what just happened and what I see. A scream tore through my entire body as my eyes could not be torn away from the lifeless body of Simon wasting away against the back wall.

"No," I cried out and I ran over to his body, unsure of what to do or what to say, reaching out and touching his skin, "no not like this. Not now."

Flinching as my fingertips touched his hard, cold skin covered in old dirt and dried blood. I quickly pulled away and threw myself back, my butt landing on the rocky floor.

My whole body shook as I found myself unable to look away from Simon's body, his mangled limbs and tangled hair left untouched for days. Tears poured down my face as I came to an unsettling realization it was my fault he was dead.

"Pan," I whispered as anger boiled inside of me and I began to scream again, "Pan!"

"Lower your voice, darling," a familiar British voice hissed behind me and I whipped around, "can't have more Rogue Lurkers hearing you, now can we?"

Standing in silence as his eyes bore through mine, I completely broke down, my dignity slipping through my grasp as I slowly collapsed at Pan's feet with tears pouring down my cheeks.

Ignoring the feeling of his smirk digging into my back, my hands planted at his feet to catch my body from falling forwards, "Pan please."

Hearing his pants crinkle as he kneeled down to my height, his dirty fingers stroked my unkept hair as I weeped shamelessly at his feet, "what is it, Aless?"

Pan's fingers fell from my hair, his fingertips brushing my temple, down my cheek then across my jaw, his fingers clasping tightly around my chin and lifting my chin, "I asked you a question, darling."

"Stop playing these games," I croaked out as tears continued to pour on their own free will, "I can't take it anymore."

"Alessandra, my love," Pan cooed, "you know I know you can still handle my games."

"No, please," I murmured as his thump traced my lower lip, "I-I can't do it."

"You can take a bloody hell lot more than what I am playing with as of now," Pan growled as his grip tightened on my jaw, "and you are gonna prove it to me."

"No, I won't," I began to defend myself but he quickly cut me off.

"It's not that you cant play my games, but it's because you don't want too because you are scared of what will happen," Pan whispered and my heart raced, "but you are gonna be my good little Lost Girl and you are going to do as I say when I say it won't you?"

"Yes Pan," I answered lowly as I bowed my head in submission against my will.

Yes Pan.