x x i v

Alessandra »

Some say you have a slight chance of dreaming possible scenarios that could happen in a futuristic timeframe but can that also mean nightmares can come true as well?

I woke up screaming, sweat beads soaking my nightgown and I clutched at the bed sheets that I awoke in, immediately letting go as I remembered that I collapsed on the floor of my treehouse.

My head ached as I sat up slowly, taking in my surroundings. Swinging my legs over my bed, my toes nimbly touched the cold, wood floor and goosebumps raised across my body.

Standing up, I changed into old clothes and grabbed a set of new ones and a clean rag, stuffing them into a makeshift bag, walking outside and pushing my ladder off the ledge. The air of Neverland was cold as I listened to the falling rope snap back and forth, quickly climbing down and running off into the woods.

The Lost Boys were eating breakfast around the burnt out fire pit, Pan nowhere in sight and I continued to run away, trying to find the closest water source.

The soft rumble of a waterfall came from a distance and I pursed my lips, walking towards it and smiling once I came across it. The water gently pooled into a calm lake underneath the waterfall, the clear water so gentle by the edges I could see myself like a mirror.

I stripped of my clothes and waded into the water as if I had no care in the world, the cool water enclosing around me, leaving me feeling as if I could stay in the water for forever.

My hands roamed across my body, scrubbing away sweat and dirt from my skin as my muscles relaxed, my hair floating freely across the surface. Massaging my scalp of anything grimy, I sighed as I carried myself out of the lake and dried off with the clean rag before dressing in the new set of clothes.

Stuffing the old, dirty clothes and the now wet rag back into the makeshift duffle bag, I made my way back towards Pan's camp in silence, hoping he won't give me too much trouble today.

I tossed my duffle bag as the base of my rope ladder and headed towards where the Lost Boys were still eating breakfast, finding Wesley and heading towards him, ignoring Dylan whispering innapropriate side remarks.

I sat down next to Wesley and he slid me a plate of food he gathered for me, a smile creeping across my face from his small but thoughtful gesture. Quickly eating my food, I placed my now empty platoon the ground and felt the log shift as someone sat down beside me.

Looking over in surprise, I found myself instantly glaring to Dylan's as his presence was too close to mine, "what do you want?"

"Training," Dylan pursed his lips into a smirk and I raised my eyebrow, "you are going to be training with me today."

"And why would I do that?" I questioned him and he rolled his eyes, "seems quite unlike you to say this."

"Because Ryan is in the hospital ward," Dylan huffed and I crossed my arms, "and I haven't thrown in awhile."

"Colin can help you," I stated bluntly and stood up after realizing Wesley walked away to discard our dirtied utensils, "there are others who you can irk while Ryan heals."

"You're still the best," he growled impatiently and stood up as well, his figure towering over me and my heartbeat sped up in the smallest bit, "and I'm not taking no for an answer."

I narrowed my eyes and exhaled softly, "only for today. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Progress," his face softened and he went back to his signature smirk, "I'll meet you at there when it's time."