x x

Alessandra »

I tore the entire area around the cage apart searching for any signs of Simon's life, my heart sinking as nothing was found and I returned to the empty, blood covered cage.

Feeling tears brim my eyes, I screamed out Pan's name and waited for his arrival to the site where I was hunched over. It felt like forever until I felt his presence standing over me from behind, watching me intensely.

"You called for me, darling?" Pan murmured but I refused to look up at him, refused to let him see my face in this weak state, "what is it?"

"You know what I want," I growled hoarsely and he kneeled next to me, "you know where he is."

"He's here, Aless," he responded and I shook my head, "why are you denying it?"

"Where is he, Pan?" my voice cracked and I ran my fingers over the dried blood smeared across the cage, "why isn't he here? This is his cage."

Pan fell silent and I finally mustered up the will to look him in the eyes, my head snapping towards his and my tear-filled eyes stared hopelessly up into his.

"Alessandra," he whispered and reached over to me, my body recoiling away from his touch in disbelief, "he's here."

"What is this?" I meekly grazed my fingers over the dried blood, my hand shaking in rage and guilt, "who's is this?"

"His," Pan answered and it stung my senses a bit.

"Is he gone?"

"In a way," his response sent chills down my spine, "if you suppose."

I turned around, my eyes shimmered over in an unspeakable anger, "show me."

"No," he stood his ground per usual, but his response took me by surprise in the most odd way, "I won't."

"Why?"

"It'd be a mess," he spat and narrowed his eyes, his hand waving and in a flash, the bloodied cage was replaced by the charred wood of the fire pit back in camp, "you need to learn to leave well enough alone. Go to your treehouse and I do not want to see your face again outside for the rest of the day."

It took every urge to resist his commands but the feelings of my throat being squeezed approached quickly, my legs quickly carrying me to my treehouse to obey Pan's orders, not even caring to draw up my ladder after I climbed up.

I decided to make a map of Neverland based off of memory after putting away my bow and quiver of arrows, my fingers nimbly using a handmade charcoal pencil to outline an uneven circle to start off with before going into further details.

Spending the entire day marking up the map, I barely noticed skipping dinner until the bright orange rays emanating from the lowering sun shone through my windows to signal dusk.

Folding the map and sliding it into my quiver, I stripped myself of my clothes and got into a nightgown, gusts of cold air blowing through my windows and goosebumps raising across my skin enough to make me hurl myself into bed and cover up with blankets.

I spent, what felt like hours, raking my mind with countless thoughts of where Simon was and why Pan acted the way he did earlier at the site of the cage until I heard a soft knock on my door.

Getting up and tip-toeing across the creaking floorboards, I clasped the doorknob and opened the thin door with ease, my nerves relaxing when Wesley stood on the other side. As soon as our eyes locked, he began to weep like there was no tomorrow, gripping my nightgown as he sobbed into my stomach.

Feeling my own tears well up in my eyes again, I picked him up and held him in my arms, looking around camp and only seeing Felix and Pan staring up at us from the bonfire.

I closed the door with my foot and climbed carefully down my ladder, one arm struggling to carry the small boy and the other gripping the ladder ropes, walking across the grass over to Wesley's treehouse.

Again, climbing up cautiously with Wesley clutching onto my gown, I got us on his balcony and brought him inside. Stepping swiftly over to his small cot, I placed both of our bodies down.

I bit my lip to attempt to guard the sound of my tears slowly falling down my face as the collar of my nightgown began to become wet and soaked. Gently, I stroked his hair to soothe him, his muffled sobs growing softer and softer as he grew tired. Outside, I could hear the Lost Boys shuffle about and going to their own tree houses.

I peeked out his window and saw Dylan and Ryan shoving each other playfully while laughing, a small smile cracking my firmly shut lips only because I wished to have a friendship or bond like they have here in Neverland.

I knew I could never have that kind of connection here with anyone else because I was a girl so they'd berate me, thinking I wouldn't be able to mess around like guys can.

I was brought back as I noticed Wesley's sobs had gone away, replaced with soft breaths as he slept peacefully, his nostrils flaring every so often.

Smiling to myself, I gently laid him down, placing his head on his pillow and unhooking his arms from around my neck. Slowly pulling up his blankets over him, I blew out the small candle that had illuminated the room and left, wiping my eyes after I shut the door and the cold gusts attacked my skin.

Climbing down the ladder, I shuffled across the path, walking quickly to avoid Pan or any other Lost Boys. Or simply because I still didn't trust Neverland in the dark. I mentally scowled to myself about how I was stupid to not bring a light source so I could see everything properly.

Continuing down the path, I passed random Lost Boys who were making their way to their houses including Dylan and Ryan who were flipping knives between each other.

"Hi Lessie," Dylan cooed and I swallowed deeply, keeping my eyes glued on my treehouse that was dead ahead in the distance, "thats a pretty nightgown. Heard from a bird that shade of green is Pan's favorite color."

"Mine too Lessie," Ryan chimed in from behind me and my feet moved quicker to avoid further confrontation until they ran around and stepped in front of me, "come closer so I can get a better look."

"Yeah don't be rude," Dylan snickered as I stopped dead in my tracks, "maybe I have a liking towards that nightgown's color too. Maybe your hair too."

"Don't you have places to be?" Pan barked in anger from behind me and I flinched, watching Dylan and Ryan's face morph into smirks as they ran off and I turned around to face Pan, "I told you I did not want to see you for the rest of the day."

"Yeah the day," I shrugged and his eyebrow perked up, "it's nighttime now."

"Don't be snarky with me, Aless," Pan snarled and his eyes nearly glowed in the darkness surrounding us, "you know better."

"I thought you knew better that I don't care," I rolled my eyes and turned on my heels, knowing I'll face consequences later, "goodnight Pan."