Trust?

After Jasmine went back to my house, I went with Cookie to her office.
She sat down at her desk.
I looked around at her office..

"Um....Cookie, this is your office?" I say as i notice that it was a storage closet. If she is Luscious' ex wife then shouldn't she at least have a big office with a lot of space?

"It's temporary. Until i get..... situated.." she hesitates.

"Anyway child, why does Luscious want me to teach you how to be more confident?" she then says with a suspicious face.

"Oh because he told me that i was going to be performing at the opening of his new club at Leviticus and I'm just really nervous about it..." i state shyly.

She looks at me with a straight face and then laughs.

"Ah Luscious......you put a newbie before your own son....." she says with a sigh.

"Your talking about Jamal, right?" I hesitantly ask her.

She looks at me and replies, "Yes.....Luscious has shut him out ever since he found out he was gay. He never even gave him a chance to show his talent to the world...........All because of his stupid homophobia." She shakes her head.

"Is that why he doesn't want him to play at Leviticus? Because he's gay?" i ask her.

She nods...

I mean..... what does him being gay have to do with him performing and showing his talent to the world?
After all, Jamal is so talented..

I feel bad for him now......

"Anyway girl, come on and let's do this.."

Cookie and I have been working for a few hours. She taught me how to walk, talk, act, dance, and own the stage like a.. "boss" as she would say.

But she had to cut it sort because she had to help Jamal with a song at his house. She brought her assistant, Porsha along too.
She asked me if i wanted to come and of course i agreed.
I haven't seen Jamal in a while and i missed him.

When we got to Jamal' s loft, he walked over to us and greeted Cookie.

"Hey ma." he says with a smile.

"Hey baby. I hope you don't mind but, i brought Porsha and Jade."

Jamal looked at Porsha and then at me.

"Oh hey Jade! I haven't seen you in a while." he says smiling even wider. He then walks up to me and hugs me around my waist.

Blushing, I immediately wrap my arms around his neck, inhaling his cologne.

He smelled like heaven....
I wanted to stay in his arms forever.

As we pulled away, i looked at Cookie who raised her eyebrow at us.

"Oooooo." Porsha says with a grin.

"Ok then..Uh..Jamal! Why don't you show me this song you've been working on." Cookie then says walking over to the keyboard.

Jamal follows her and i follow behind him, while Porsha lays on the couch.

Jamal then starts playing the keyboard and starts singing a line of a song.
"Tell the truth.....
Tell the truth....."

He then stops and rubs his face.

"It needs work, but it's something like that." he says frustrated.

"I love it honey." Cookie then says looking over at him.

"Me too, Jamal. It's really good.." i say softly.