Troubles in Paradise

I woke up feeling a bit nauseous and i had a minor head ache.

As i layed awake in the guest  bed, i thought about the events from last night.

How i killed my first performance, how i went to my first club illegally, how i drank alcohol illegally, how Jamal pulled me closer to him when we were dancing, how i broke it down with Jasmine, how i was cracking up the whole night,

and especially how i wanted to kiss Jamal when he was outside my door......

I just wish he wasn't gay.......
I might've did it...

As i continued to think about last night, i remembered how Mikey just disappeared.

Worried, i grab my phone off of the night stand and unlock it.

I scroll through my contacts to find Mikey's number.
When i find it, i click call and place the phone to my ear waiting for him to answer.

Ring.....ring......ring.....ring...
No answer.

"Please leave your message for..." i then hear the automatic voice machine say.

I proceed to call about 5 more times still not getting an answer.

I look at the time on my phone to see that it read, 12:00.

I then hopped out the bed and threw on anything i found, which was a grey shirt, a pair of stretchy black pants, my black  converse, and a grey beanie.

I then walk to my room and open the door to see Jasmine still knocked out.
I close the door back and head downstairs. I take Jasmine's keys out of her purse and walk out the front door to her car, which was parked in the driveway.

I then quickly drove to Mikey's house which was not that far from mine.

When i get there, i park the car in front of his house since there was already a car in the driveway.

I knock on the front door.
No answer.
I ring the doorbell.
No answer.

With my worry reaching a new level, i go to the side of the house where his room is. I grab the ladder that was on the ground and stand it next to the window and start to climb.

I used to do this all the time during high school since Mikey's parents didn't want him having girls in the house, even though it wasn't like that.

And yes..... he still lives with his parents.
He's only 20!
But he has a job and is going to college.

When i reach Mikey's window, i look in to see him sitting in the middle of his room playing on his play station with rap music blasting and junk food everywhere.

I knock on the window hard and loud enough for him to hear it.

He quickly turns to the window with a frightened face until he saw it was me.
Then his face relaxed.

He turns off the radio and the game and gets up to open the window.

"Hey Mikey. Where have you been? I've been calling you and calling you and you didn't answer. You had me really worried." i say holding on to the ledge of the window so i wouldn't fall.

"I didn't hear my phone ring..." he says dryly with no emotion.

i look at him strangely.

"Uh okk.......... um...... can i come in?...." i say.

Was he just gonna let me stay out there and leave me in that dangerous position?!

He thinks about it for a moment before moving aside and i jump through the window, resulting me falling on the floor.