Is U Is, Or Is You Ain't?

Jamal's POV:

Luscious called me, Hakeem, Andre, and Cookie for a meeting.

Hakeem, Andre, and i sat down around the table, as Cookie wasn't here yet.
There were what looked like gift boxes set in front of us.

"First off, i wanna say I'm sorry for all of the pain and hurt I've caused all of you....And that i don't have Als." Luscious starts.

"What?' i ask confused.

"I was misdiagnosed. I have something else that is just as serious, but nonfatal.
I'm not dying."

We all just stayed quiet.

I mean, don't get me wrong, i was glad that my dad wasn't dying.

But i think i was the only one....

Luscious then tells us to open the boxes in front of us.

Hakeem goes first.

He pulls out a gold necklace with two golden wings hanging from it.

"You have your freedom from now on...you can do what you want and go where you want... i won't stop you." Luscious says to him.

Andre then opens his.

He pulls out a gold cross with the lion of Judah in the middle of it.

"Keep your faith strong. Let it guide you through your journeys and throughout your life."

I was hesitant to open mine...
I didn't know what it could have been.

I slowly took the lid off of the box.

Inside was a golden staff with a lion's head at the top.

I slowly took it out.

"The Empire's yours."

My heart stopped..

Oh my god...

I look at my dad to make sure he wasn't joking.

His face was serious.

Cookie then comes in.

"Oh! You brought gifts." she says sarcastically.

"Yes I did. Open yours." Luscious replies.

She walks up to the head of the table where her gift was and takes the lid off, revealing a small pillow.

???What the???
A pillow?

She slowly takes it out and rubs it with a nervous smile.

Luscious smiles back at her in a mischievous way. Like he knew something she didn't..

I didn't know what it was but right now, all that was going through my mind was how i am now officially the head of Empire under my dad...

After all of the hate that my dad showed me for being gay, all of the mistreatment, the abuse, and the favoritism for Hakeem, i am the one he picked to carry on his legacy.....

I can't believe it....
But i love it...
And I'm more than happy to receive it.

Jade's POV:

"Jas you sure you have to go?" i say to my sister.

"Yeah J. My boss wants me back in by Monday..."

Jasmine was getting ready to leave back to Florida because her boss needed her back at her job by Monday. All of her things were packed and we were standing in front of her car as she was about to leave for the airport. Mikey wanted to come and say goodbye but he had to go to college. He started his next term today...