Sometimes, Support Comes With Consequences

I just found out by Hakeem that Jamal had left the place that he was living at before and moved into an apartment in the ghetto.

Oh my god.... my baby!

I called Jamal.

"Hey Jade." he says on the other end of the phone.

"Oh my god! Jamal where are you?" i ask wanting to go see him.

"Oh i guess you heard...."

He then tells me where the apartment was and i wasted no time in going there. I had to take a cab because Jasmine didn't want to give me her car since she was going to be using it today.

The cab pulled up outside this broken down, looking building.

Jesus...

I call Jamal back and ask him what floor he was on. When i got to his door, i knocked on it.

"What's up, Jade?" Jamal says with a sad smile as he opens the door.

He moves aside to let me in.
As i walk in the apartment, i look around.

It's even worse on the inside...

I see Michael on the couch and i completely ignore him.

"What happened, Jamal?" i ask.

"What do you mean?" he replies.

"Why did you move out of your old place? And into this!" i say gesturing to the apartment.

"I needed to take a stand. I don't want Luscious's money or anything he owns. So i had to leave that place."

I sighed.....

He reminds me so much of myself....

"I mean.... it's not that bad once you get used to it." Jamal says.

I just stare at him with my eyebrows raised causing him to chuckle.

"Ok it's pretty bad..." he then admits.

"Well if this is what you feel that you have to do then I support you 100%."

"Thank you." he says giving me a small smile.

"Here let me help." i say starting to help Jamal unpack and stuff.

............................................................

It is now night time and i have
been at Jamal's place all day helping him out.

I hear the door open and close as i look to see that Cookie is here holding a box of pizza.

"I know y'all hungry. I figured your gas hasn't been turned on yet. Hi sweetheart." Cookie says as she rubs her hand over Michael's chin.

"Thank you Cookie. You're so sweet." Michael says as he takes the pizza and places it on a box.

"Jade, what you doing here?" Cookie asks me.

"Oh hey Cookie! I was just helping out Jamal."

She raises her eyebrow at me.

"In the whole apartment there ain't enough plugs. I'm gonna have to get a power strip." Jamal says to Cookie.

"Well here. Bye some. Here. And while your at it get some things and fix this place up. I know how y'all divas like to decorate!" Cookie says smiling as she takes a stack of money out of her purse and waves it in Jamal's face.

"Please get that out my face. That's Luscious's money."

"Fine suit yourself." Cookie says as she places the money back in her purse.