Chapter 8

The computer flashes in front of me. A video call from my dad.

"Decline." I shout and the reminder disappears.

I replay the threat i just said to the 5 most powerful men in the world.

"I swear to god, if any of you hurt Hope. I will hunt you down and kill you with all the missiles, guns and grenades i have. I will kill you in the most inhumane way possible." The words echo in my head and are absorbed by my brain.

I have to find Hope.

"Jarvis, search for arc reactor."

"How far should i widen the search, Miss?"

"All over the world." I order and the globe appears in front of my eyes, a blue light line travels across it.

"Nothing." Jarvis announces.

"Search for a new element." I demand and the blue line travels again.

"Nothing."

"Damn it. Hope, where the hell are you?"

"Tony Stark has pulled into the drive." Jarvis bellows.

"Initiate protocol Isolation." I demand.

Three suits come to life behind me and march out of the basement. They walk upstairs and will stop at the front door. I hear the alarm ringing and the windows are covered in a clear bullet proof shield. All home phones are out of order and no one can get in or out.

"What's going on?" Zeke shouts over the alarm as i walk upstairs.

"Protocol Isolation. My dad is here." I announce as i walk up to the front door.

"Mum?" Lucas asks from behind me.

"Everything is fine. Your dad just said something very horrible that annoyed me and Im punishing him. That's all." I smirk at Lucas.

"Okay." Lucas mutters and walks back to his bedroom.

Zeke stands next to me and his hand links with mine.

The Iron suits stand at the front door, staring at dad. He looks them up and down then glances at me. He looks dreadful. His eyes are red and bloodshot with deep bags under them.

My phone rings in my pocket and i answer it.

"You have one minute. Go."

"Im sorry. I don't know why i said. I would never hurt Hope, i swear, and i would never hurt you. Please, talk to me. I want to help you."

"My threat still stands. You hurt any of my family and i WILL hunt you down and i WILL kill you." I hiss.

"I understand that. Nothing i say is going to be enough to take back what i said. I am so sorry." He apologises, placing his palm on the bullet proof glass window.

"That's not good enough." I spit, throwing my phone on the floor and marching out of the living room.

I sit under the desk, my back leaning against the wood of the desk. I hug my knees to my chest, and lean my chin on my knees. The tears flow down my face like a waterfall. I want Hope back. I want my daughter safe. But she won't be safe, she'll be with me.

"Skye?" I hear Zeke ask.

I pull my feet closer, so Im not on show.

"Skye, please talk to me." Zeke begs.

I shake my head to myself and sob silently as i hear Zeke's footsteps walk away.

Slowly, i slide out from underneath the desk. I scan the room, no one is here.

"Jarvis, stop protocol Isolation." I demand and i hear the suits stomp closer. They march down the glass stairs and back into the display.

I step upstairs and hear crying. I walk down the hallway and stop outside Lucas' room. I gradually open the door and the sobbing is louder. I step inside and close the door behind me.

Lucas is face down on his bed, lying still with his hands holding his face.

"Lucas, kiddo." I say as i place a hand on his back and sit on the end of his bed. Lucas rolls onto his side and looks at the wall opposite.

"Are the Avengers going to kill Hope?" He asks as the tears fall from his young, pale face and onto his bed.

"No. Even if they wanted to, i would get them first." I promise.

I lay on my side behind him and he cuddles up next to me.

"Where is Hope?" He asks.

"I don't know. But me and dad will find her. I promise." I whisper, stroking his hair.

Slowly and finally the sleep takes over.