Chapter 11

I unlock the front door and stroll in, my heels echoing in the glass open house. I place the cardboard box on the sofa and go to the kitchen to get a glass of coke.

"How did it go?" Zeke asks, appearing at my side in a black suit.

"I walked into my dad and Pepper arguing. She's gone to her mums for a break." I explain, turning to see him, his eyes wanting to sleep.

"I think we all deserve a break." He thinks aloud.

"After we've found Hope." I point out, putting on a small smile.

"Of course."

"Miss, Captain America is here." Jarvis announces as i hear a car pull up the driveway. I turn to see his red race car parked on our drive, i watch as he climbs out, wearing jeans and a leather jacket.

He steps up to the front door and knocks.

"Jarvis, open." I shout and the glass front door opens.

Captain walks in and up to me, his deodrant filling the room.

"Thanks. I've got some news." He admits.

"What is it?" I ask, pouring him a glass of coke and handing it to him.

"Black Widow has quit." He announces, ending with a deep sigh.

"Quit what?" Zeke asks.

"The Avengers." Captain points out.

"Can she do that?" I question, raising my eyebrows in confusion.

"Apparently so. She says Merci is in danger."

"I take it that Hawkeye is getting crap about staying then." I smile, imagining him being yelled at by Black Widow. I don't like Hawkeye.

"Yep. Its not surprising that she's left." Captain says.

"I thought she would have left sooner, or forced out." I explain.

"That's not the only reason Im here." Captain admits.

"Colson sent you." I mutter, scanning his eyes.

"Yes, he did."

"Ugh, he's becoming Fury more and more everyday." I mumble, grabbing my drink and walking down to the basement.

I sit down on my black leather office chair, i hear Captain and Zeke follow me down.

"He wants to know if you've replicated Hope's arc reactor." Captain informs me.

I sigh loudly.

"Me and my dad did have it. But, we had to destroy the arc reactor as it was going to blow up." I explain, Zeke's eyes widen in fear.

"How much of a replicate was it?" Zeke questions.

"Exactly the same. It got too hot and nearly exploded." I whisper.

"Damn it." Zeke curses and marches out.

I lean forward in my chair and cross my arms on the desk, then I lean my forehead on my crossed arms.

"You two are really stressed." Captain points out the obvious.

"Of course we are. Our daughter is the most wanted person in America!" I point out.

"Just relax." He advises. I snap and jump out of my seat.

"Don't tell me to relax!" I scream.

"Woah, Skye calm down." Captain orders.

"Don't. I've had no sleep for a week, i haven't eaten in days and all I've been drinking is coffee. And, to top it all off, i can't control my power anymore." I explain, throwing my arms in frustration and i feel my eyes go ice, numb cold.

The glass windows shatter around me and everything seems to close in on me. My whole life seems to be in slow motion. Captain's breathing slows like a snail, the glass shards flutter into my hair and drip onto my body like rain. The heating machine echoes in my head, the waves vibrating into my ear and shaking my brain in my head.

I collapse to the floor, curling into a ball as the world encloses around me like a thick blanket on a scorching day.

"Make it stop." I beg, tears streaming down my face as the problems take over.