Chapter 17

"How are you feeling?" Colson asks, standing at the front of the conference room.

Im sat in the black leather chair with Zeke to my right, then Captain and Thor. To my left is dad and Doctor Banner.

"Im good, thanks. Just aching." I reply, smiling.

There is bright blue stitches in my chest and a noticeable scar that travels down my chest. If i move too fast, it twitches and shoots pain through me.

"That's great. So, we have the suit." Colson announces.

"You get the suit? Shouldn't we destroy it?" I question. Or i should get it, considering i died twice in it.

"Yes, we have saved the honours for you."

"Thanks." I sarcastically mutter.

"How's Hope doing?" Captain asks.

"She's grounded and doesn't come out of her room." I explain.

"And how is Lucas?" Thor asks, his deep and powerful voice filling the room.

"Lucas is, well, he's Lucas. Lively and quiet." I point out and they laugh.

"Where's Hawkeye?" Zeke asks. I turn to see Zeke and send him an evil glare. My dad will erupt.

"At home, crying probably." Dad teases.

"This isn't funny. Clinton didn't know i was in the suit, it was an accident." I defend him.

Suddenly, there's a knock at the door and it opens. My dad tenses beside me. Hawkeye.

His brown hair is sticking up everywhere, messy and his eyes are bloodshot and full of the need to sleep.

"Good morning." Colson slowly says.

I feel the tension build in the room.

"Hello Skye, how are you?" Hawkeye asks, gradually closing the door behind him.

"How do you think she is? Skye died, twice!" Dad shouts, jumping out his seat. He grabs Hawkeye by the throat and pins him against the wall. I climb out of my seat and try to pull dad off Hawkeye.

"Dad, stop!" I beg.

"No, you killed her."

"No he didn't. Im here. Im not dead!" I point out, pushing my dad off with such force he falls onto the table behind me.

"Stop! This is ridiculous. It w-was an accident. He...didn't. I can't." I gasp, my breaths becoming sharp.

The world slows down, and the room closes in around me as i try to breath. Zeke jumps to my side and makes me sit on the floor, with my back against the wall.

"Skye, calm down. Look at me, calm down." Zeke whispers, placing a hand on my right cheek.

I gasp for air, feeling like someone has a death grip around my wind pipe. I kick my legs forward, trying to fight for breath.

"Skye, look at me." Zeke begs and i stare into his eyes. His beautiful calm eyes, but it doesn't stop me from gasping and panting for breath.

Zeke reaches into his jeans pocket and hands me an inhaler. I take it from him and press it into my mouth, the chemicals numb my mouth and travel to my lungs. My breathing slows back to normal and i sigh, leaning my back on the wall.

"Are you okay?" Zeke asks, smiling.

"Yeah, do you carry this around with you? I haven't had an asthma attack in years." I point out, smiling back.

"I always carry it with me." He admits, taking my hands and pulling me off the floor.

Captain and Thor stands by the door, holding my dad back and Hawkeye seems to have left.

"Are you okay?" Dad asks.

"Im fine. Just, stop fighting. It was an accident." I whisper as Zeke places a hand on my waist.

"Im sorry, i can't see you hurt. I've lost Pepper, i can't lose you." Dad whispers, tears filling his eyes and Captain lets go of his arms.

"You haven't lost Pepper, she's just gone away. Go get her. Go surprise her. Surprises are what you're good at." I smile.

Dad walks up to me and hugs me. Then he strolls out.

"Are you still in the Avengers?" Colson asks.

"Of course. It makes my life an adventure."